AK & Variants Picture Thread

Easy nitro. Calm the hell down. I will repeat my belief (backed by experience) that the CYMA AKs will not stand up to being abused, externally. Internally, maybe.

That said. Take a chill pill, because you've got some nasty reverse fanboyism going on.

No just was flame bating fan boys who give me no love for no reason <3

Notably people arguing with are me talking about externals, I was reffering to performance if you read over my post, as thats what matters to me first, externals are icing on the cake. AK's are great because they are sturdy work horses in airsoft, VFC's are very pretty, but I was very dissapointed with their performance and construction choices. Did I fall in love with my AKSU? You bet, but if CYMA stopped making reliable guns I'd drop them very fast, just like I've dropped CA recently.

Also just in case anyone was thinking so, I haven't mentioned RMW or Inokatsu in any comparison. Although RMW guns (if you choose the option) use CYMA gearboxes

Edited by SACSlym
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n125/Be...06/DSC01446.jpg

My team's aks....

Clue: only one with wood or metal on is at the bottom:D

the top 3 are my custom work :) externally stock cyma bar the middle (my custom baby)

how do you get your cyma to look that good with just a plastic body. i would love to know how.

ive worn the wood lots but now i just need to finish of the body.

Some reports state that VFC / Ino internals arent especially good, not even Cyma level.

VFC internals are fine. theres little spectacular in there (well, they use polycarbonate IIRC, which is always good), they do indeed have plastic bushings but VFCs run on their stock internals reliably with 12V batteries and will give you no grief in general. picture TM's average but reliable internals, only with some better parts and coupled with unrivaled externals.

VFC internals are fine. theres little spectacular in there (well, they use polycarbonate IIRC, which is always good), they do indeed have plastic bushings but VFCs run on their stock internals reliably with 12V batteries and will give you no grief in general. picture TM's average but reliable internals, only with some better parts and coupled with unrivaled externals.

My VFC AKS74 is very accurate with no mods to the gearbox. Much more accurate then any CYMA I own and others that I've used. I do have some problems with VFC's gearboxes though. First off the plastic bushings are rotten, one of them cracked in my mechbox during it's first ever game. At that point it'd only had about 200 BB's through it in it's life. They've been replaced with metal bushings. The VFC motor broke 2 months after I bought the gun, that's been replaced with a TM motor. My third problem with the VFC gearbox is it's horrible whine when it fires, total sowing machine gearbox ruins the excellent look of the AK. TM, CYMA, Dboys, etc. gearboxes thump when they fire and sound a whole lot better.

That being said no make of AEG are perfect out of the box. I'd still take VFC over CYMA as they are now.

ak mags ruin galil and make pozzie sad :(

I'm super tempted to buy the Galil mags from RMW, but the fact that they have the wrong curvature is a bit of a turn off. I'm hoping a friend of mine can source a RS 35 rounder for me to cannibalize. <_<