AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question to those with a DBoys (Kalash) AKSU:

How does the bolt move (freedom- and smoothness wise) when the battery's in? Im thinking bout trying to make the blowback mod to one, but I distinctly remember that the bolt would hardly move when the battery was in my Marui AK47.

thanks!

P.S. I assume this uses the same V.3 gearbox as any AK? So that if I *fruitcage* it up I can still buy a complete Cyma GB.

its prety sturdy for an airsoft bolt but it isnt to smooth. mine kinda scrapes alog at some points even after the lube. but with the batary there is almost no wobble. the bolt has some scrathes on the inside. my fear is it igt damage something but i guess its okey. i am very suprised by the quality. but i kinda with i got the full size one becouse the gun dosnt look to great from my point of veiw when shouldering it. it is kinda of hard holding it with the sling attatched.

edit: the stoping is mostley with the reciver and not the bataries fault.

Edited by STRELOK
its prety sturdy for an airsoft bolt but it isnt to smooth. mine kinda scrapes alog at some points even after the lube. but with the batary there is almost no wobble. the bolt has some scrathes on the inside. my fear is it igt damage something but i guess its okey. i am very suprised by the quality. but i kinda with i got the full size one becouse the gun dosnt look to great from my point of veiw when shouldering it. it is kinda of hard holding it with the sling attatched.

edit: the stoping is mostley with the reciver and not the bataries fault.

Heh, theres some aesthetic coolness with the sticky bolt. You can pull it back in an angle to get it stuck, reload, then slam the receiver to let it slide back into place. Always looked cool, but probably not the most accurate way to reload. :D

Uh... that has nothing to do with operating from a closed bolt and everything to do with the fact that the AK doesn't have a bolt hold-open device. In any case, a well-worn AK's bolt shouldn't stick in the open position. That only happens on certain hand-built, brand new AKs.

I don't suppose anyone has had any luck tracking down that modify a GP-30 to fit an AK-102/104/105 thing, yet. :unsure:

Uh..... It has everything to do with operating from a closed bolt. At no time during normal operation will an AKs bolt remain in the back position. Rounds are chambered by the bolt, then fired by a hammer hitting the rear of the firing pin through the bolt. If the action does stick in the back position, it ain't working, is it? It's going to stop firing. So this idea of hitting the receiver to allow the working parts to go forward is completely stupid :rolleyes:

Edited to put the "Uh" in, so I can sound like a patronising git too!

Edited by BaggyPants

So AR-15s, FALs, M14s, G3s, &c. operate from the open-bolt position, then?

An AK with the bolt locked open, either by a modified safety or the bolt catching on the hammer, hasn't stopped working. It's just hiccuped. All one need do to return it to function is disengage the safety or pull the bolt back and let it go, respectively. Oh. There are also certain Yugoslavian-manufactured magazines for AKs that have followers designed to hold the bolt open when the last round is fired.

Edited by Jagdraben

Not in combat. :P

But given enough time at the range and it shouldn't lock back at all, unless it's a problem with lubrication. In any case, once either of those fixes are performed, the rifle should be un-FUBAR'd.

Edited by Jagdraben

I know how the AK recoil works. I was just mentioning it looks cool when you do it. It's FAR from how you should reload, but this is airsoft, there's no need to discuss reloading and bolt mechanics with an AEG that has neither. :P

Edited by Sturaiku
Thanks man! Great selection here.

I've read some bad stories about Kalinka Optics, so I wouldn't bother ordering from them. Try Tantal: http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/

He doesn't have a working online store, but the site shows pretty much everything he sells (without price tags for some misterious reason though). My advice is to search what you're looking for on his site, if you can't find it, look at Kalinka. Then drop Tantal an email or call him directly. He's probably able to get it for you, and he actually is reliable.

The best sources for russian stuff are often those that have the worst internet presence - don't let yourself be fooled by the looks ;)

Edited by fryxharry

100_3998sm.jpg

pollished the bolt and bought a steel ak47 selector switch for it (just need to cut a notch out of it for the bolt). still trying to figure out what pistol grip to use with it. I also got a 300mm KN tight bore for it. really needs a 310mm or so but something like that is hard to find.