AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once apon a time i had a boring looking AKSU

3.jpg

Since then i have bashed it, buried it and burnt it and im much happier now :) I've also cut the bolt handle down to AKSU size in case you didnt notice (Thanks KrasniSerpski)

surd2.jpg

surd.jpg

So guys. I just got finished installing the PGC hopup.

Initial impressions are very good. It went in with minimal filing of the gearbox shell, etc. I may have gotten lucky, but I don't have any feeding issues. I'm very happy with that.

As for the results, well you may have to wait a little bit. I did notice one quantifiable change. Before the installation of the PGC, my hopup lever was perhaps 3/4 of the way in to get my .25s out to optimal range. The rubber and nub are to blame given that it is in fact a Cyma AKM.

However, after I installed the PGC, I had to turn the hopup basically all the way off to get a stable flight. I figure this means one of two things, though this hinges on whether it did in fact create a better seal.

a. The gun is shooting quite a bit harder, and requires less back spin to get the BB out there.

b. The PGC hopup is simply over hopping a little. I know the nub and bucking was installed properly, so thats out of the equation. After I finished up, it did seem like the rubber went down a bit further than it did before, but this could well be my imagination.

Anyways, I've got a game this weekend, and will have access to a chrono. What I'll do is put together a second inner barrel and hopup, and swap them out at the chrono to see what it does. Obviously it would be preferable if power had jumped up, but even if it had not, I can still get more range than stock, if I simply use a heavier BB and apply more hop.

Range is harder to measure, and naturally, I ran out of white .25s when testing. I'll try and set up targets paced off though and compare the two barrels.

Overall, I'd rate this hopup chamber as full of win. It went in easy and gave me a noticeable increase in performance. your milage may vary, but I'd give it a try.

I thought it was to however check out the pistol grip. it's not the usual egyptian type its more russian in design. most probably the AK has been built from different parts. the front grip is also russian in design.

heres a egyptian AK pic that I took as well

egyptianaks.jpg

Edited by mightyjebus

Ok. I did a little more testing with the Pro Win, and the results were interesting, if not conclusive yet.

Firstly, I suspect that some of the issues people have with them stem form the fact that it is slightly out of spec. It is in fact a bit larger dimensionally than the stock hopup chamber. I had to shave down the arm and a few parts of the bolt assembly for the lever to freely move again.

Also, while I haven't chronoed it yet, I can tell you that I got some form of increased power. While I'm generally against the whole coke can chrono as a matter of principle, I did use it this time.

Prior to installing the PGC I punched through the sides, bottom center, and bottom sides, but was unable to pierce the top.

After installing the chamber, it was top can capable. Obviously its not going to stay anywhere near this power for gaming use, but its interesting though. MY conclusion so far is that its claims of better seal and power have at least some substance to them. Exactly how much, I'll have to see later.