AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're technically an AK variant.

unfortunatly it is a variant... but more of a copy that when totaly wrong kinda like when a baby is born it is shot out of a cannon while people throw hammers at it and tell people that it isnt a copy and they made an origonal wepon.. weah thats about it.

the eviel child of an Fn FAl and the AkM and the m16 was thier brazilian gardener.

unfortunatly it is a variant... but more of a copy that when totaly wrong kinda like when a baby is born it is shot out of a cannon while people throw hammers at it and tell people that it isnt a copy and they made an origonal wepon.. weah thats about it.

the eviel child of an Fn FAl and the AkM and the m16 was thier brazilian gardener.

Take that over to the "Guns I hate" thread, we're running low on rage there.

I personally love Galils. I don't think that IMI ever touted the gun as "original," though. It's quite obviously an improved AK with its roots in the Finnish Valmet family... well, roots meaning that original Galils were built on Valmet receivers.

Still, don't hate the Galil! It's a great gun! And yes, I intentionally said it's "improved" just to get your panties in a bunch. :P

Kalash AK74MN

I decided to beat this one up. looks ok I think.

How's the stock on the AK74MN compared to that of the AKS-74? I mean is it very plasticy or pretty solid? Also have they solved the magazine size issue on this model? Also how's the bolt; is it still brittle?

thanks,

afallan

Quick question, why do people wrap their sling around their front sight and stock?

If you don't wrap it around the front sight, then it won't be tight enough to stay in place. It'll just hang down. Wrapping it around the stock and front sight keeps it from moving all over the place.

I had time to photograph the next stag of the work on my AKSU today. This isn't the final version (I need to wear the stock, paint wash the grips/get worn RS grips, polish the outside, and fine tuned the look of everything else) but it is a huge change so I thought that it would be worth posting up some photos and getting suggestions and comments from people. If you have an idea of how I can do something better please pass it along.

Before:

newaksuhl7.jpg

After:

wornaksu4ii8.jpg

wornaksu3vp5.jpg

wornaksu1hl6.jpg

wornaksu2ho7.jpg

Quick question, why do people wrap their sling around their front sight and stock?

as said it is to keep the sling in place while shooting BUT ONLY around the stock. You should not have your sling around the front sigt while shooting. The position around the sight was only used while storage so the slings of multiple guns dont get caught together.

BTW: the wraping around the sight was only used with AKs that didnt had a fold stock. So this double wraping is pointless

4 Romulus: poor SU  :P the wood is a bit too much for my taste

Edited by Scharf

I would say more wear, but that's only because the wood is so worn down. The rest of the gun needs to match :)

By the looks of the wear i'm guessing that's the older alluminum reciever and not the steel? If it is, what I do is wear the ###### out of the everything and use an alluminum blackener pen on the areas that I don't want looking so "silver alluminum-ish". The pens can be found at gun shops, and some of the larger sporting good stores with hunting sections. The pen won't turn silver into black completely, but it will darken it and give it kindy of a rusty appearance.

It is the new steel version.

I didn't make it very clear above but this is the intermediate step on the wood. My intention is to either oil it darker or to use a paint wash to do basically the same thing. Right now it looks way to raw and light.

The body will probably be getting a rust treatment as well.

Take that over to the "Guns I hate" thread, we're running low on rage there.

I personally love Galils. I don't think that IMI ever touted the gun as "original," though. It's quite obviously an improved AK with its roots in the Finnish Valmet family... well, roots meaning that original Galils were built on Valmet receivers.

Still, don't hate the Galil! It's a great gun! And yes, I intentionally said it's "improved" just to get your panties in a bunch. :P

well i aint wearing no panties!!! :P

andi typicaly dont like izreali made wepons, for a vast number of reasons which i wont say. but they are just plain ugly and in my honest opinion are usualy cruddy cne of other guns.

And the Galil isnt improved over the Ak becouse the ak is pracicaly perfect.

dont even try to tell me it isnt acurate becoue i have fired itand hit my target dead on! its all about the person using the gun. acurasy dosnt men nything if you cant aim and hold your gun right. And my uncle was in e soviet army and h acedentaly droped his Ak74 off his trk and it was run over by the truck behind him. When he got it back it was unHARMED exept for the wood stock which had some terable scratches on it.

And you're the definitive source of information and the holy truth on weapons...

How many galils have you fired? How many other israeli weapons? How many rounds have you put through each platform? How many have you taken into combat?

What range did you shoot the AK at? Its really not that hard to make hits at 100 yards with a 7.62X39 AK. You can hit a man sized target each and every time. Take it out to 200 yards and you start having trouble unless you're experienced. Go beyond that to 300 yards and you're going to start to struggle. Go past 400 yards and well, 5.56 or 5.45 in a modernized platform is just plain better.

The AK is great, its a fantastic rifle, arguably one of the best ever produced but seriously man, back up your hate of galils with a few facts here for goodness sake.

Man was this off topic...

Here, back on topic.

img0222sc5.jpg

Shot with iPhone at 2008-07-16

Edited by Magsz