AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

###### and I who was gonna ceep it Izhmash only :P Ahwell guess ill get cheaper bakelite AKM mags now instead then since Tula is cheaper^^

Fareast what brand is that SU? Im guessing a Cyma w G&G pistolgrip and homemade custom handguard?

Edited by GRIM!

Odd angle on the stock, again the ugly pistolgrip, ribbs on the top cover look too pronounced, no cutout on the bolt carrier, odd looking handguards (cutout too big etc), odd looking dimple (too small for a Tula Aks-74U) ..

These may be minor things to most people but when combined make for an ugly Aks-74U.. A lot of clones available these days look a lot better.

It just looks too odd compared to the other ones on the market at this point and compared to real ones..

a slab sided 47 style bolt, a pistol grip that looks like a club foot and cooling vents on the handguard like teeth on a halloween pumpkin? :D

edit - FW picked up on the others though Id let it off on the top cover as Im not sure anyone has got those right yet (on mine and the other ones Ive seen front rib pressing is only on the left hand side not right accross the cover to ejection cut out like everyone seems to do on airsoft ones, though those were all mid 80s ones so mileage may vary)

fixed stock 56 looks good Im tempted to buy one to add to the underfolding one Ive already got (though I just know if I start down that road I'll end up buying every sodding gun they bring out lol)

Edited by snorkelman
I actually have to admit that painted AK would look pretty cool if the whole thing wasn't painted in that scheme. Say if the barrel and mag and a few other bits were left black.

Seems like it would look real good with some german kit.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

i thought about the same thing afterward. but it was my first paintjob... i am going to "redo" the ak. replace some parts, getting BETA mags.... more.

its internally upgraded with a HurricanE kit shooting 450fps

I'm liking it man, good job! What did you use to do it?

Hehe, thanks! some kind of citadel hobby paint i had laying around, orginally used to paint tiny models.

It was called "flesh wash", and that is all i know. It´s like a darkred varnish.

It's ICS. Again proving they can't make proper Ak's.

That ICS SU looks nasty :S

Not sure why you would choose on over a cyma, kalash etc.

Is the body still plastic under metal, or have they changed that?

Odd angle on the stock, again the ugly pistolgrip, ribbs on the top cover look too pronounced, no cutout on the bolt carrier, odd looking handguards (cutout too big etc), odd looking dimple (too small for a Tula Aks-74U) ..

These may be minor things to most people but when combined make for an ugly Aks-74U.. A lot of clones available these days look a lot better.

It just looks too odd compared to the other ones on the market at this point and compared to real ones..

a slab sided 47 style bolt, a pistol grip that looks like a club foot and cooling vents on the handguard like teeth on a halloween pumpkin? :D

edit - FW picked up on the others though Id let it off on the top cover as Im not sure anyone has got those right yet (on mine and the other ones Ive seen front rib pressing is only on the left hand side not right accross the cover to ejection cut out like everyone seems to do on airsoft ones, though those were all mid 80s ones so mileage may vary)

fixed stock 56 looks good Im tempted to buy one to add to the underfolding one Ive already got (though I just know if I start down that road I'll end up buying every sodding gun they bring out lol)

Well guys i hate to break the news to you but the stock, receiver and front furniture are going to be the one of the best on the market for AK74's.

Why?

Because I have just received official word that modified versions of the ICS receiver and stock are being used in REAL AK74's and AKS's. The funiture is made to the exact same specs as the ones supplied on the decomisioned unit ICS was given to make this replica.

Currently the information regarding which real arms manufacturers are now using these sets is confidential but I can say that ICS carry the licencing for a reason.

More information on this should be released durring or after the shot show.