AK & Variants Picture Thread

How did you mount that side mount onto your RK104? I'm trying to do it but it appears that the gearbox will interfere with the screws. How hard was it for you to mount that? Thanks.

As sorry as I am to say so, I haven't the slightest idea :) The gun was a trade and the previous owner had already mounted the base. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful

Hi, first post on this forum. I am an AK lover, been interested in them for a few years, but I have just one humble AK104, still happy with it.

4cent101: does your RK104 take MAG mags without mods? thanks

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6025/img2620fk0.th.jpg[/url]

http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/9987/img1523upyg0.th.jpg[/url]

Yes, I use MAG mags exklusively, both waffle and AKM type. However, the previous owned did as well and I wonder if he did any mods. It is kommon on Kalash Aks to file the mag catch, maybe this is necessary on a "virgin" Rk104 as well? The fit is very snug on my '104, regardless.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just started using MAG waffle-type midcaps in my AK and they seem to be pretty awesome, I've had no feeding problems so far- there is a little bit of fitting to be done, they sit quite tight in the magwell currently, but it's nothing a couple or skirmishes or some quick sanding wont sort out. Given how well they seem to feed and how insanely cheap they are (plus they actually look quite good) it's quite a small issue.

And since I've just taken it because the last shot of my AK was quite scruffy, some nice, cleanly shot MAG-ified hybrid goodness below.

hybrid.jpg

I just wish MAG would produce some RPK magazines as well as their current RPK74 ones ^_^ (hopefully they're already considering it)

I've just started using MAG waffle-type midcaps in my AK and they seem to be pretty awesome, I've had no feeding problems so far- there is a little bit of fitting to be done, they sit quite tight in the magwell currently, but it's nothing a couple or skirmishes or some quick sanding wont sort out. Given how well they seem to feed and how insanely cheap they are (plus they actually look quite good) it's quite a small issue.

And since I've just taken it because the last shot of my AK was quite scruffy, some nice, cleanly shot MAG-ified hybrid goodness below.

Snippage

I just wish MAG would produce some RPK magazines as well as their current RPK74 ones ^_^ (hopefully they're already considering it)

Well done! beautiful weapon Sir

Slainte!

i bet it's not about the two tone but about the AK purity.

I myself like AK's pure with only russian attachments (replica or real) so no RIS/RAS,aimpoint,eotech for me.

I don't like the AK but tastes differ from person to person.

i bet it's not about the two tone but about the AK purity.

I myself like AK's pure with only russian attachments (replica or real) so no RIS/RAS,aimpoint,eotech for me.

I don't like the AK but tastes differ from person to person.

I'd much rather have a proper russian red dot on there, the red dot that's on is too far forward for my liking. As for the M203, I'd rather have that on my M4, but I find it really uncomfortable holding a rifle if I don't have vertical grip attached to it.

To be honest, those things were attached for fun, and I thought I'd post the pictures to provoke the purists (and it worked :P ).

The PBS and the flash light I'm more than happy to use, even though the PBS probably weighs more than the gun does. It makes every rifle I put it on (my '47S, my long barreled '47 and the Spetz a friend has) front heavy, however it does counteract the weight of the gearbox when the stock is removed (I'm intending to bullpup this one, though I might get another at some point as I'd like a standard length '47 again).

Suggesting Kryloning the 2-Tone, may all be well but. Its obviously been bought for a reason (i.e Not a registered skirmisher). And we all know that its against the law to krylon a 2-Tone AEG without being part of the VCRA.

Although with the M203 being there, doesn't that get in the way when changing Mags..as i thought all AK mags were front end first then click in the rear. (i may be wrong)

and i would say the Red Dot is too far forward for my liking lol

Anyway back on Topic...i'll be posting my newly aquired AKS74U. Friday...Whoop my first ever AK its exciting.

Just whited my RK02's wordings... Pretty messy but I'll clean it up.

1-14.jpg

2-13.jpg

3-10.jpg

My tools?

4-12.jpg

(Forgot to include my thumb as the "cleaner". It does wonders when you rub it the right way. ;) )

--------------------

And how are Dboy's trades "inaccurate"? They look the same to me compared to a RS pic below.

sgaksu207.jpg

Edited by Revenge Seeker