AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, not quite. It really has to do with the AKS-74 receiver, since the Khyber Pass story involves the conversion of stolen AKS-74s into 7.62mm guns because of ammo supply. So if it has a milled receiver or a stock other than the Russian skeleton sidefolder, then it just won't pass. :P

Edited by TheKurodaVagrant
Eh, not quite. It really has to do with the AKS-74 receiver, since the Khyber Pass story involves the conversion of stolen AKS-74s into 7.62mm guns because of ammo supply. So if it has a milled receiver or a stock other than the Russian skeleton sidefolder, then it just won't pass. :P

Actually it will...

There are quite oddities made in the khyber pass valley.. All of them qualify as a Khyber Pass Ak..

not necessarily, i've seen several with RPK receivers with AKS74 skeleton stocks modded to fit.

Looking good kaptenn! IMO best with the original handguard :)

Why havn't my Kalash got the engravings on the top cover? :umnik:

thanks.

Hehe, I´m getting tired of both. Unless some RS-wood miracously finds it way into my mail, I´ll pick upp some black "polymer" grips soon.

You mean you dont´t have the `1121´?

Weird, but on the other hand there´s obviously varieties in the RK-series.

I didn't realize that they'd bother with making a milled-receiver somehow fit a stamped-receiver stock or whatever else.

The RPK-with-74-sidefolder sounds somewhat more reasonable and in the same vein as a KP rifle.

RPKs arent milled, theyre stamped and have reinforced receivers and have heavier barrels fitted.

basically all of the models i have seen like this, they have taken an RPK, put an 'S74 stock on it and cut down the barrel to AKM length (and added AKM furniture etc)

your end result is basically an AKMS with a much sturdier, more comfortable folding stock that can withstand even more prolonged fire. sounds good if you ask me

RPKs arent milled, theyre stamped and have reinforced receivers and have heavier barrels fitted.

basically all of the models i have seen like this, they have taken an RPK, put an 'S74 stock on it and cut down the barrel to AKM length (and added AKM furniture etc)

your end result is basically an AKMS with a much sturdier, more comfortable folding stock that can withstand even more prolonged fire. sounds good if you ask me

I know that about the RPK. The milled vs. stamped issue was with FW200 saying that there could be KP rifles with milled receivers.

However, I didn't know the RPK was so often used as a donor receiver.

Chairsoft Custom Works X Pinnacle Airsoft X Raptor Packs

TM AK74M (blowback w/ recoil engine)

Guarder SP110 Spring

Systema Spring Guide w. Bearings (V3, modified by Pinnacle to work)

Prometheus 6.03mm Tight Bore (455mm)

Raptor Pack 30C Discharge 9.6V Mini (custom fit to battery compartment by Pinnacle Airsoft)

PDI Flash hider (which is wrong for the barrel, I know)

Kobra side mounted red dot (RS)

Chrono: XCortech Chrono, Toytec .20 bbs

1 - 408.4

2 - 407.7

3 - 404.6

4 - 406.8

5 - 402.9

6 - 410.2

7 - 395.7

8 - 407.3

9 - 407.9

10 - 406.4

Avg: 405.79

RPM - 890-900 (roughly 15 per second)

AK74mOutside.jpg

Looking hot FW2000! :D altho the ventholes on the handguard looks a bit missshaped you can prob fix it :)

The pistolgrip is looking great does the motor fit? :D

Hoppum where did u find that pic? :)

Edited by GRIM!

errm, AK mags are universal except for the new TM '74M ones. they should all fit (if not a bit of sanding/filing will sort em), some are just better than others. i'd personally recomend MAG mids. cheap, box sets, feed flawlessly... theyre the best bet IMO.

(sorry about the string of posts folks, if i edited previous posts whoever asked the question probably wouldnt have noticed the answer)