AK & Variants Picture Thread

Home made to what extent? You ordered all the parts separatly, or you actually made the parts yourself or what?

home made as in a proper khyber pass gun - one thats been made locally from scratch in the area by one man band gunsmiths rather than a bundle of factory produced parts

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Home made to what extent? You ordered all the parts separately, or you actually made the parts yourself or what?

He didn't make the gun, he was showing an example of a Khyber pass AK.

Curse you snork. :P

Edited by wolfstein5
hey everyone with Inokatsu AK kits, what kind of mags do you use in them, do TM mags and MAG mags work?

For those with the RPK, what kind of AK Drum mags fit?

TM mags fit without issue, MAG mags need a tiny bit of filing (or a few reloads) to wear down, but barely anything- both feed fine, and I can really reccomend MAG mags. I use a Hero Arms drum in my RPK, though I ordered a STAR one (UNCompany screwed up the order). The Hero Arms feeds fine, though having to activate the pressure switch yourself is mildy annoying. Had to file quite a bit from the top of the drum to get it to fit fine though.

I'm about to order the Cyma AKM (horray tax returns) and I was thinking of modding it into an AIMS (modeled after Grims), but have a few questions. Overall, is it the correct type to start off with as a base? I don't know the particulars of AKs, but I want it to be as accurate as I can (within reason and budget). Also, will a Romy wire folding stock fit, or do I need to mod it?

Thanks for the help!

As of right now the only Romy side folding stock that is capable of fitting the CYMA AKM is a RS stock heavily modified to fit. You could perhaps get the chinese copy stock to fit but I am certain it will require a lot of modding too. You could buy a new element AK74 receiver and attach the chinese AIMS stock to that, which would require a lot less modifying.

I believe he used the element AK74 stamped receiver, which has a slanted backing just like milled receivers have, hence why his acm stock fit with just removing the tangs

EDIT

Two links on the topic for ya

click me

click me

Edited by ECRRRainman

I asked grim already, but I have some noob questions about AK's.

First is the upper hand guard on an AK-47 the same size as one from an AKS-74u?

Secondly, does anyone know if the hand guard can be taken off of the gas tube on the ventilated hand guards for the AK-47?

like this:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4411335223804247737

Thanks!

Question: ON all of the 74 model guns, is the PBS-5 silencer the one that would be used? I am thinking I will get the VFC AKS74N and put a GP30, butt pad, POSP Russian optic or Kobra, and a PBS silencers, along with a rusky sling.... Whatcha guys think?

I think that would sound awesome! I was going to do that same exact thing but I had to sell my baby for other reasons.

The only thing I left out was the PBS silencer. AKS74's do not look good with silencers, it makes then way to long as they are long as it is. But adding the butt pad, and the kobra sound good. Buy those first then if you like it leave it other wise you can buy the silencer and attatch it just doesnt look very good. Usually if Russual SF's where doing an operation with supressors they would use the AKS74U or the AK-105, something more manueverable than a longer AK.