AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of the Dboys AK74M, I was just at my local shop and held one(well, the Vector Arms Rebrand) and it is really sweet. Lighter then my 036 and had a much better finish. The owner told me it shoots 415ish. Stock folds and locks firmly into position. I think It may be my next ACM.

I'm not sure what to add now... so i guess I'm done with this project for a while.

Any suggestions?

I love this varient of AK's. the AK105 for moterized units in Russia. Didn't have the folding stock and didnt have any plastic grips.

What I think you should do is carve in medium size russian font some sort of saying or a unit number or just anything related to what this weapon is used for. I think it will add to your bad *albatross* Bakelite mag.

Great choice of AEG, tobad CA is the only company to make this varient.

here are my AKs:

Guarder AKS74U w/ VFC PBS-4

VFC AKS74 w/ VFC tactical handguard, Element PBS-1 steel

waiting for my GWS Bizon to come in. . yeeee har

DSC06405.jpg

DSC06406.jpg

Elelment steel PBS-1 DSC06407.jpg

Element PBS-1 vs VFC PBS-4

DSC06410.jpg

Edited by the cleaner

Real AK105 has a folding stock and is polymer chambered in 5.45x39mm

AK105-01.jpg

Since CA has the Arsenal Inc trades, it uses them even though all but two aren't real. The SLR105A1 and SA RPK-7 are real guns:

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr105a1.htm

The other CA SLR models have RS counterparts that are close all either chambered in 7.62x39mm or 5.56x45mm, only the SLR105 and SLR102 use 5.45x39mm :

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106crh.htm

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106us.htm or http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr107ur.htm

http://www.arsenalinc.com/sam7sf.htm

Edited by ComradeMP1
There's a difference? :huh:

yep, like comrade MP1 said. flash hiders do what it says on the tin, wheras muzzle breaks (or compensators) reduce recoil and muzzle climb, but at the same time INCREASE visible muzzle flash and noise. e.g. the muzzle device on a barrett M82 isn't a flash hider either its a very effective muzzle break designed to make firing more comfortable.

azngoonie: i'd ditch the wood and either go polymer or get some nicer wood, get some MAG midcaps (5.45 or 7.62 depending on which you prefer the look of), give them the treatment jebus gave his (check the projects section)

and i think the best ideas for the cool factor would be to either mod a GP30 to fit (MGS4 style) or maybe use a PBS-1 silencer, which i think might look really cool on a 105 front end (bear in mind for realism's sake you should use 7.62 AKM style mags for a PBS-1)

oh and bin the ACU :P

I love this varient of AK's. the AK105 for moterized units in Russia. Didn't have the folding stock and didnt have any plastic grips.

There is no solid stock wood AK-101/104/105, there is only the polymer folding stock versions. And even those aren't used by Motor Rifle troops.

Edited by Hoppum
There is no solid stock wood AK-101/104/105, there is only the polymer folding stock versions. And even those aren't used by Motor Rifle troops.

Yes your right I just used the AK105 as an example because it looks just like one but with wood and no folding stock. This is the only AK varient that I unsure of what it is called. But I have seen it in operation on videos with live fire demonstrations.

Any one have any knowledge of what the CA varient is called?

Edited by BoE.Solidius

Big thanks to Turkey who helped me with his awesomeness by hooking me up with his spare parts.

PMACAK103W.jpg

PMACAK103WII.jpg

PMACAK103WIII.jpg

Have two AK receivers with stocks, took on assy an dropped it into the RK as is and it works fairly well. Didn't even need to do any more modifications to the RK receiver, and the top cover stays all the way forward now too. It used to move back ever so slightly and leave a gap. The stock is from a CYMA AK, looks very nice, better than TM faux wood look.

PMACAK47.jpg

PMACAKS47.jpg

With the other stuff I got, I finished off the AK47 and AKS47. Just need so internal stuff and batteries to make these two guns up and running independently from my RK's.

Hope I'm not posting in the wrong place, but this is the AK and variants thread :) Besides all my comrades are right here and I don't bother with the other picture threads!

My holy grail, took some time surfing ebay but I finally found it:

svd1.jpg

svd2.jpg

svd3.jpg

AtoZ, and it shoots like a dream. Wore down my finger a bit pulling it on saturday but I was getting some very nice shots with it. The optics are trash compared to the real thing, but until I get the replacement mount in the mail I can't stick my real PSOP on there.

Edited by Jumprefusal