AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fizzy what FPS does your VFC shoot and what did it shoot stock?

Just wondering because my VFC AKS74UN shot 285 out of the box and I thought It had had manufacturing problems, I later upgraded it to 400FPS but just wondering if VFC's come stock with really low FPS.

Well, it's 2nd hand and I only got it today. I was told it was firing 285fps too, so compared with others that seem to be putting out 330+fps, I'm wondering where the 50fps has gone :unsure:

Did you just change the spring and it was all sorted then?

Yeah I had a friend do his AK gearbox magic. At the time I wassn't to good at putting springs in or messing with gearboxes so He put a new, higher FPS spring in and I threw a larger battery in and the problem was solved.

More of an AKS74U selection, more accessories, I love their Vityaz style AKS74U.

I also know they do not sell AK parts anymore, they sell them threw a different company now.

Then you'll also know that their "Vityaz" series of guns were neither based off real weapons or ever released.

No company besides Unicorn makes the AKS-74U with the polymer ribbed handguards (which apparently fit poorly).

If you want the ribbed handguards, you have to buy K-Var's offering and dremel them to fit.

So is anyone but me here underwhelmed by the quality of Inokatsu furniture? I picked up a set to throw on my DBoys to tacticalize it, and the pistol grip is simply atrocious. Seam lines, shiny plastic, and frankly it feels thin and cheap. The Dboys stuff is actually nicer...

Edited by EmptyChambers
Then you'll also know that their "Vityaz" series of guns were neither [...] released.

As a matter of fact, the Vityaz series were released, but didn't make it to Hong Kong shops. Some Japanese shops had these, and when Inokatsu was trying to empty their stocks, they had few kits to sell left (several months ago).

And for the Inokatsu grips... black ones are awful, yes. The others are OK.

Edited by lovecraft25
As a matter of fact, the Vityaz series were released, but didn't make it to Hong Kong shops. Some Japanese shops had these, and when Inokatsu was trying to empty their stocks, they had few kits to sell left (several months ago).

I assumed that Ting at RMW would have had them in stock if they were released.

Good thing they didn't hit the mass market though, seeing as how all of them were silly PMC fantasies :D

I assumed that Ting at RMW would have had them in stock if they were released.

Good thing they didn't hit the mass market though, seeing as how all of them were silly PMC fantasies :D

HAHA I totally agree with you. Only reason why I want one. No RIS still keeping them Russian but with a more special forces/PMC look to them.

Oh I forgot to mention. I picked up a Dboys AKS74U to go with my AKs74. Somehow the stock locking mechanism broke. Now it can't lock open. Very irritated as it happened while sitting in my car somehow. Anyways, looking about putting the Ino 74 stock onto it as a fix. Would this be a travesty? I'm loving the idea of a huge 9.6v in this little gun. If all goes well I may have a fun little medic gun.

I say try it and if it doesnt work you can always go back, I am sure the break is an easy repair, stuck spring, fallen out spring, or jammed clip from spring to knotch that locks the spring to the reciever. I dont think I have seen an AKS74U with a wood stock. It will be intresting.

Nay. The actual part of the latch that holds the stock in place snapped. I have no idea how the hell it happened. It was folded and sitting in my trunk...

Edit: Its the Polymer &4. I'd probably paint my wood furniture black or something and be a combat ninja or something.

Edited by EmptyChambers