AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Inokatsu AIMS PMC pimped, told about the RS parts many times so you all prob knows wich parts are RS but ive added 2 new RS AKM russian Bakelitemags for it and a RS Romanian AKM flashhider and last a American Ultimak gastube.

Also notice the "I <3 AK" Patch^^

gpmc1ip7.jpg

gpmc2wl7.jpg

gpmc3sh0.jpg

Edited by GRIM!

Are we talking about rust on short AKs?

Say hello to my "Rusty", an Iraqi survival rifle. :P

This was once a clear bodied Cyma AK-47

DSC03513.jpg

DSC03514.jpg

DSC03519.jpg

DSC03518.jpg

DSC03521.jpg

DSC03522.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

Alongside with my AKM that I just outfitted with a whole bunch of real parts (most of the front end, and wood), this was once a TM AK-47

DSC03530.jpg

DSC03503.jpg

And now with my AK-103 and TM Alpha Spetsnaz (1997 Limited Edition)

DSC03532.jpg

I can post a long parts list, but didn't want to clutter up the post.

Cheers,

Alex

dboys RK01-full steel:

rk01_steel_3.jpg

STEEL CHARGING HANDLE YUSSSS!!!! also: spot the damage/rust just behind the wood.

I hate seeing full steel Kalashes...makes me ###### off for not waiting a few weeks longer... stop posting full steel Dboys AKs!!! :P

On a more serious note. Your charging handle has those 4 numbers that isn't on my RK02... its supposed to be. So great move on that Dboys! Next time do it sooner...:P

And I also have those "lumps" (messy lumps they are), just in a different place. I honestly think its bad painting on Dboy's behalf...

Notice, no "lumps", on this RS pic:

maksu_receiver.jpg

Love the Шурик, ancorp!

Is that as in "Оператция 'Ы'" Шурик?

Haha, yes, and also as in my name being Alexander, thus Shurik is correct.

Thanks for the complements gents.

To get that look, I literally rusted and corroded all the metal parts.

Ok guys if I'm planning on building a new gearbox anyways, do you suggest the RMW kit or a Dboys/kalash? Considering the Kalash are about $200-$300 cheaper it's tempting, how realistic are the externals?

Ok guys if I'm planning on building a new gearbox anyways, do you suggest the RMW kit or a Dboys/kalash? Considering the Kalash are about $200-$300 cheaper it's tempting, how realistic are the externals?

They're not bad per say but the quality of the finish is much and i mean much better on the VFC or RMW kits for discerning owners that actually care about how their guns look.

Drummag so typical Danes, you prob have a 12 volt battery and highspeed motor in it aswell and you dress in either OD or just black? :P;)

I dont think its rust i think its some of the paint from the handguards.

You know it! OD. :D

It is rust though. I'm not complaining, AKs should be rusty.

Are we talking about rust on short AKs?

Say hello to my "Rusty", an Iraqi survival rifle. :P

This was once a clear bodied Cyma AK-47

Holy...! That is just plain awesome. Brutal! :o

I hate seeing full steel Kalashes...makes me ###### off for not waiting a few weeks longer... stop posting full steel Dboys AKs!!! :P

On a more serious note. Your charging handle has those 4 numbers that isn't on my RK02... its supposed to be. So great move on that Dboys! Next time do it sooner...:P

And I also have those "lumps" (messy lumps they are), just in a different place. I honestly think its bad painting on Dboy's behalf...

Get one. They aren't exactly expensive. :)

Yeah it's just poor paint on cheap-grade steel. It doesn't matter, it'll be getting the steel wool anyway. Then it can also rust some more. :)

I just got a RK02 a couple of weeks ago. I can't dish out anymore money for these new Full steel ones. And to think I've waited almost half a year before deciding finally get the RK02, only to 1) find out my preferred lacquer finish was discontinued [i'm starting to grow on this new finish though] and 2) a new full steel line with better details comes out a few weeks afterwards. Someone call the Waambulance, I think I may need it..

Junk thing about the pre-full steel ones is too much force on the bolt and stock will break it and have been reported more often than I thought. Still, I've been picking up my gun by the stock alone ever since and it doesn't seem like it'll break soon. I just want to give it some manly love, that's all. :(

(I think we should post more pics and talk less...just a thought.. :D)

Edited by Revenge Seeker
Shroom, what brand of RPK is that?

Inokatsu?

Body looks to be TM compatible to me (judging by the rear and front). Real steel furniture (inokatsu pistol grip), rear sight, and magazine, TM based?

Classic Army SLR105 (aluminum version)

JG SVD barrel and bipod

JG gas block and front site

Real Russian/E German Wood

Inokatsu wood pistol grip

Classic Army RPK style rear sight

Guarder AKM/AK74 bolt

Chooped element reciever used for the reinforced reciever

real rivets

sks cleaning rod

real rpk cleaning rod support ring

jg flat top reciever cover