AK & Variants Picture Thread

I'm happy the bolt and stock on my Kalash hasn't broken yet (mines the older "shinier" version" I haven't really abused it though and I probably wont since its one of my best performing rifles...actually the range was on par with my (sold) TM M14. With the Systema motor in it it just makes it all the better.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those lumps are from the weld marks from where the bolt guide rails are welded in the receiver. I wish my G&G RK had those, they are what really finish off the AK look.

Shroom'ss RPK is pretty awesome.

I want to be one of the godly AK modders, like so many others. I still haven't decided what to do with this yet.

Bulgarian, $15 shipped

BulgarianAK74Muzzlebreak-.jpg

I know absolutely nothing about airsoft AKs but I have a quick question if the experts would care to indulge me?

A few weeks ago I stumbled across an episode of The Unit on Virgin 1.

During this episode the various members of 'The Unit' were equipped with AK47s but they had Knights QD silencers attached.

Will airsoft AKs accept this type of silencer and is it something that is seen with real AKs?

Im only really asking out of curiosity but it would be interesting to know.

Thanks.

I know absolutely nothing about airsoft AKs but I have a quick question if the experts would care to indulge me?

A few weeks ago I stumbled across an episode of The Unit on Virgin 1.

During this episode the various members of 'The Unit' were equipped with AK47s but they had Knights QD silencers attached.

Will airsoft AKs accept this type of silencer and is it something that is seen with real AKs?

Im only really asking out of curiosity but it would be interesting to know.

Thanks.

If it's a .223 AK and it's got a birdcage FH on it, I don't see why not. There're plenty of Bulgarian AKs in .223, many with milled receivers, and of course the AK100 series in that calibre. I say go for it if you like it, but don't use a 7.62x39mm mag as that will look a bit silly. It'll look better if you use an AK74 magazine, or perhaps this one, which seems to have the right curve for .223, though I don't know where you'd get it in the UK.

Edit: Actually now that I think of it Knights did make a 7.2x39mm suppressor for their SR47 which looked about the same as the 5.56x45mm one. So don't let realism get you down too much on that one, although my opinion is of course that it'd look better with a 5.45 or 5.56 style mag.

Edited by RSP1

Mmm....could be? :P

I started looking at previous posts from page 1 so I missed Grim's picture.

Thanks for the reply RSP.

To be honest I actually did like the look of it *runs for cover* but I was just interested to hear the experts opinion on it.

Its not something Im going to rush out and do, it was just a general question as it seemed quite unusual and it caught my eye.

Edited by chris u'5

The SRC RPK has a great rep here in california at least. A few of the vets in Socal have bought them with the simple purpose of trying to kill the internals before replacing them and have so far failed. This probably carries over into their other AK's as well, but who wants an AK when you can have an RPK =P

And why is everyone complaining about Grim being half naked at least he has clothes on this time. Remember what happen last time someone challenged him to take a picture of himself naked with his guns :fear:

*Edit* Also I don't believe the SRC AK's are full steel, simply full metal and from the few reviews I've read good quality metal.

Edited by socal_recon

I vaguely remember that full naked pic of Grim.. anyone want to repost it in this thread? :D:P

About SRC. From what I know, saw, heard, smelt, felt.... its externally flawed...I'm taking about the AKS74u... something about incorrect rivets and shape or whatnot.

I vaguely remember that full naked pic of Grim.. anyone want to repost it in this thread? :D:P

About SRC. From what I know, saw, heard, smelt, felt.... its externally flawed...I'm taking about the AKS74u... something about incorrect rivets and shape or whatnot.

O accuracy wise they are horrible, but as just as a gun to shot and have fun with they are pretty solid.

A fine brace of guns sir :) for some reason my brain isn't registering what's holding them......I suspect it might be the years repressing those things I don't need to know about :rolleyes:

But anyhows...

DSC00870-1.jpg

My little collection of ACM goodness...

DarkMM :flamed:

Rule #7: Close air support covereth a multitude of sin.