AK & Variants Picture Thread

Dboys RK01 full steel post-abuse:

rk01_steel_10.jpg

rk01_steel_11.jpg

What a chore it was. The paint is really tough. Look at the pic of the right side, see the lack of scratching from the selector (by the select-fire markings)? That's how tough it is.

Edited by Utty
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Got my ACM danmu GP-30 from DragonRed. Its very well made and fitting it was simple. Its quick release and full steel (exept the grip) Havent got a 40mm shell handy to give it a try though but it looks nice.

that looks the utter sex, how much did the whole lot cost?

Heres the work so far on my AKMS-

Cyma Ak47

Real Steel wood handguards

converted real steel magazine

ACM ribbed receiver cover, flash suppressor (needs a little tlc) and acm bakelite grip

Botched cyma recever- the stock fell off on the first skirmish and I made a bad job of filling the holes and trying to convert the receiver to the akm type.

hpim2851th9.jpg

hpim2851th9.81d697aef7.jpg

Next step is an RMW akms receiver/stock set, followed by RS gas block and front sight, then finally g&p metal sight block.

-matt

Gave my AK47 a new lush urathane coat on all the wood parts. G&G comes with wood yes but the maple they have on their AK's looks dull and not a fresh Moscow sheen that 47's should have right from the factory. Took off all the wood parts and put two coats of maple urathane weather protective sheen.

With Flash

DSC00502.jpg

DSC00503.jpg

DSC00504.jpg

With out Flash

DSC00506.jpg

DSC00507.jpg

^Would that be the first Galil to ever be posted here? Not saying anything's wrong, just never seen one here before.

Well, the thread is titled "AK & Variants", and from what I've read the Galil is a variant of the AK. If I'm totally out of line please feel free to delete. :)

Yeah Galil is a variant of the Finnish Rk.62 line of assault rifles, which was based on the Soviet Ak-47...

Infact, first galil's were made on Finnish receivers..

And it's not the first Galil to be posted in one of the Ak pic threads.. not sure where but they've been posted before..

this is a project I have been working on and off for quite a while. today I thought I would try and finish it. I will replace the sling with a proper battery sling at some point unless I can be bothered to mod the internals and fit a lipo.

Romanian RPKS.

rpks.jpg

rpks1-1.jpg

rpks2-1.jpg

rpks3.jpg

rpks5.jpg

rpks4.jpg

btw everything on it is ACM :)

Edited by mightyjebus

I really like that RPKS! Looks nice.

Question for all you AK lovers. I used to play Americas Army alot, and fell in love with the SF version of the AK74 with the grenade launcher.

http://www.enemyforces.com/firearms/aks74u_2.jpg

Anyone know of anyone that sells that model? I'm guessing not, I've looked around. Would a regular AK style grenade luancher work on the VFC AK74UN and would it look out of place?

DP

Edited by chaoswithinthed