AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused by your incoherent sentences and a quote that doesn't even apply to what your trying to apparently trying to say. If " Quantity in Basket: none " is suppose to show they don't have them in stock then you've misunderstood their website.

oh oops, i thought that meant they had none in stock.

regardless though, they dont have the ak105 or the 74m in stock.

It sure looks like it to me.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y193/ilov...oft/kapowee.jpg

Has the store told you otherwise? Just curious since I was planning on ordering soon.

if they did have those in stock, that AK105 would be in my hands long ago. as RS said, there was a discussion about kapowwe listing those as in stock but no one getting them or being able to order them.

i guess you can try now? not sure. but i would buy from an hk store. someone here bought an AIMS from kapowwe before it came out of HK stores, and it didnt have the blowback feature. not that it matters, but that is weird if you ask me

[quote Question about the AIMS PMC, is the foregrip supposed to portrude out at the bottom like that? Just wondering...

I dont like this Foregrip that much myself...the DYTAC forgrip is also too big/long for my taste and do not fit the AK Theme...thinking about a stubby so i can move the grip a little to the back.But the way it is now,it lets me move very quick with comfort without letting my arms getting weak too fast tho...Nearly 4000gr+552...My G&P SR25k URX is a lightweight compared to this one.

I will make Pics so people can jugde for they self... ;)

I have a question for my self:

What sling would fit the most on my AIMS PMC?

I was thinking about a three point,because the hook on the back...i´m not trusting it.It looks like it would break if i put it on a one point sling....

Greetings

CALI SWANGIN

The owner of "my" AKM had to return it when he had some probs with expensive carparts so i decided to do something fun w it :D

I had sanded the furniture and re "painted" it with motoroil (and alot of other stuff) so its all matching then i have been dinging all the parts into rocks etc so its really looks used and as a nice final i have buried in a sandbox and poured some salt water on it, will dig it up in a few day and look at the resaults ^^

The owner of "my" AKM had to return it when he had some probs with expensive carparts so i decided to do something fun w it :D

I had sanded the furniture and re "painted" it with motoroil (and alot of other stuff) so its all matching then i have been dinging all the parts into rocks etc so its really looks used and as a nice final i have buried in a sandbox and poured some salt water on it, will dig it up in a few day and look at the resaults ^^

I sure hope the kids wont dig too deep.

It (the AKM) will look so *fruitcage*ed up!

Edited by kaptenn

Duty car has been dispatched. Stay put. We will... hahem... "take care" of you :whistling:

Edited by lovecraft25

Here is a Pic with a stubby grip.

As said,this is the most far position to the back to allow proper Mag changes.

This grip feels much better in my hands when "clearing corners" in my house....

103788DSC02593.JPG

"This isn't brain surgery -- a rifle needs to do three things: shoot when you pull the trigger, put bullets where you aim them and deliver enough energy to stop what's attacking you."

Greetings

CALI SWANGIN

Here are some RS parts I`ve been able to track. I ordered a ribbed steel cover and a more trashy looking rear stock(just like the handguards) too. The pistol grip might be too hard to fit, so I`ll use a plastic one instead. I have a Cyma AKS-74U where I get my internals from.

I was just asking which steel body, front sight(that has equal threads to RS flash hider), steel cover and front set would fit the best for this set up?

niinisalo354cm5.th.jpg

Heres the resaults of the AKM in the sandbox, abit rust not to much and not to little in my opinion. Will take some moore pix of it assembled soo im cleaning the inside of sand atm :P

It looks moore shiny than it really is on these photos teh ya re moore "matte" IRL.

dsc1330gm9.jpg

Here It is next to a stock RMW AKM w same treatment, next to them is Inokatsu AIMS and AKMS just for compairsion :P

dsc1326xa0.jpg

And some bigger so you can see the rust spots :)

dsc1331wg5.th.jpg

dsc1332ci0.th.jpg

OMG double post :P

Here it is, looks alot better IRL when you can see al bumps and scratches

I have also added a Dboys bolt from a broken SU since its moore corectly shaped and i have moved the sling "holder thing?" from the back of the stock to the end of the stock since its alot more comfterble there and will fit my sling on my CIRAS :)

dsc1339hj9.jpg

dsc1342wi2.jpg

Edited by GRIM!
Here are some RS parts I`ve been able to track. I ordered a ribbed steel cover and a more trashy looking rear stock(just like the handguards) too. The pistol grip might be too hard to fit, so I`ll use a plastic one instead. I have a Cyma AKS-74U where I get my internals from.

I was just asking which steel body, front sight(that has equal threads to RS flash hider), steel cover and front set would fit the best for this set up?

niinisalo354cm5.th.jpg

If the ribbed cover is real AK, then it'll be a few mm too short. I know that for a fact:

G95.gif

G96.gif

G97.gif

I sold mine, so I had no losses. Yes the pistol grip is way too thing to fit the motor and mount inside of it

TM grip, East German Grip

G286.gif

My first choice for ribbed steel cover would be Inokatsu, second I guess Element would be ok. I have one now. The slant muzzle break you have there is 14mmx1 which is the same as what all AK47/AKM type AEG's have, so that won't be a problem. If you don't want to go and buy a whole steel kit, you could give this some thought:

http://www.russianmaniaworkshop.com/detail...M-05&cat=11

I had a similar one made by Inokatsu, it's very very nice. All you need is a front set and internals. You could pair it with any of the metal front sets available for TM type AEG's. On my kit, I had a G&P front set. Only thing you'll need is this one special part from a TM type AK47 reciever, the butt stock assembly. It's kind of hard to come by if you don't have this type of gun already.

I like that idea of the selector lever. I've been thinking the same, but haven't gotten around to getting one. Let me know if that works out.

These are just some of my suggestions.