AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you do that? Can you tell us :D

Sure. I used two metalbased citadel paints, tin bitz and boltgun metal.

First you apply the tin bitz, the trick is to brush the surface. In order to do this you have to scrape paint of the brush on a piece of paper so there´s no lumps of paint left that would ruin the job.

After I was done with the tin bitz I then did the same thing with the boltgun metal, I used more boltgun metal than tin bitz to give it a blued steel look with parts of rust showing thru.

Then I brushed strategically chosen spots with the tin bitz for a more rusty look.

Just thought I would add my Ak at last, I am at a place where I am happy with it:)

Vfc AKS74U DX, steel pbs silencer, RS Kobra holoscope, 16 midcaps of varying brand and style ( want some more )

Got some Russian camo and gear pics to add too soon when I get a pic with the other guys in my team.

post-23325-1210595232_thumb.jpg

post-23325-1210595245_thumb.jpg

Thx Comrade1 for the info. Im looking for a fairly cheap, yet realistic looking set up so Element outer parts might be the best bet. Cant you use a small metal part in front of the RS ribbed cover so it attaches abit to the front set? Does G&P front set attach to metal bodies which dont have the screw holes near the magazine hole?

Are you going for more of an AKM look? I've heard that Element isn't that great requiring some work and what not. Yeah, I suppose you could use a small extension, I was going to do the same but then decided against it. If the metal body only has screw holes in the mag well but not on the receiver, that's still fine. I remember on my Ino kit I had I only used the two screws in the magwell on my G&P front set.

Inokatsu4.jpg

Inokatsu9.jpg

Yeps, I have one since some weeks :P

what would you reccomend, that or the G&G? I have a G&G and mostly I want a vfc cause its not as annoying with magazines, folding stock like real thing and site rail, and normal front threads for a pbs1. but the G&G seems really solid, has a large battery unlike the VFC so idk :(

@BoE.Solidius, this is actually my field gun, we do not at present have a CQB field here, but our current skirmish areas lend themselves to stalking and medium range engagements. While the body is CYMA, I bought this used and cleaned up all the internals, squeezing some extra punch/ROF out, and with a tightbore this beast actually stands true to the longer barrels on the field. The short length in front is good in the hedgerows for getting aim. We'll see this weekend how the sight stands, if it's poo I'll just take it off and go back to my irons.

what would you reccomend, that or the G&G? I have a G&G and mostly I want a vfc cause its not as annoying with magazines, folding stock like real thing and site rail, and normal front threads for a pbs1. but the G&G seems really solid, has a large battery unlike the VFC so idk :(

*swings through a window* NOOOOO! The Badger bought an rk104 about eight months ago and has nothing but trouble with it. stock tangs broke(who makes an AK receiver out of magnesium?!??), spring broke (it snapped inside the gun), wiring burned out, hop up rubber shredded, doesn't fit any of The Badgers AK mags apart from a CA highcap, and its smells funny. The ONLY good thing about it was the bolt. It is quite possibly the worst gun he has ever owned.

Now off to fight the evils of teenage sobriety!

*swings back out*

badgerdancing6.gif

Screw the little stuff, only worry about big stuff. I love my RK, that's why I've put so much of my time to keeping it viable as a main AEG. I haven't found the RK to be very picky of mags, I run STAR, TM, ICS, CA with no problems.

Seems like someone got a crappy early ver. RK104, such things have been vastly improved in the newest gen RK's.

MOAR LIES! not that comrademp1 could have known... The Badgers rk is a.... Broom! wait, thats not right, no its a version whatever came out in august of last year and had tightbore barrels stock. If he's correct that still the modern version of them?

Hes sure that if you spent enough time pandaring it an RK would be the perfect gun, but he sees no reason to start with an RK if your going to do that, its just more work. (unless you really need a bolt that badly :unsure:)

badgerdancing6.gif

From my experience with VFC the gearboxes take small dumps on you every now and then. If you swap the internals for a more stronger realiable brand then your VFC is a GOD among AEGs.

I have a VFC and a G&G AK and let me tell you they are even with their Pros and Cons. I would recommend either one to you.

Oh and the Intellect mAh stick batteries will last you all day. Go with Intellect for batteries period.