AK & Variants Picture Thread

My AKM.

Started life as a bog standard CYMA AK47, now has the following:

Element 74 Metal Body

Element 74 Metal Top Cover

Element AKM Flash Hider

Guarder Real Wood Stock

ACM Real Wood Pistol Grip (May strip and re-varnish it?)

Genuine Soviet AKM Real Wood Handguards (Took about alot of work to fit and finish, as they arrived painted black!!!)

Marui Bolt painted black

Guarder AKM mag conversion (Marui hicap internals)

The rest is CYMA.

I plan to weather the metal a bit more when I have time. Oh, and the tape around the stock is for support, as the wood is starting to split.....

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Maybe some didn't know any better cause they didn't see the difference or didn't know the 47 was largely superseded by the AKM since way way back in the 60's hence it'll be much accurate, realism wise,to pimp a AKM than a 47.

Well,what's worse is even a manufacturer like G&P doesn't know better,remember around october last year they came out with a series of conversion kit that has the 47 metal body coupled with Galil-type folding metal skeleton stock, a AKM type fixed stock and M4-type stock? A TOTAL WASTED OPPORTUNITY!!

I hope G&P knows,i'll say again---

A TOTAL WASTED OPPORTUNITY!!

Darn,i was ###### then,i am still ###### now. :headbutt:

After wiping the blood/vomit of the screen that flew out of my eyes after seeing that, i'll leave this comment.

'Tacticooled' AK47s are fail all around, AKMs look a bit better but still fail. When we get to 74s there is a lot of improvement, proper 74Ms dont look bad in my opinion. However if somebody really has to tacticool something please do it with on of the AK-100 series, it wouldn't look anywhere near as bad as a pimped 47.

Personally i think a AK-104 with a lower railed handguard and a cobra style scope would look ok

I believe we've been over this before, everyone is entitled to do what they want with their AK's and we really don't need to go over how 'fail' it is again and again. It is spam and if it continues posts will be deleted and warn levels raised.

Edited by Hoppum