AK & Variants Picture Thread

I find that the newer G&G RK's are superb weapons with their only weak point being the slender stock tangs, that with enough force applies might tend to break. Of course the weak point is caused by the slenderness of the stock tangs with the body being made of magnesium which is strong and light weight, but a bit brittle. I had my stock tangs break on me, at different times and were accidents on my end, but I fixed the problem and now the gun is solid and is my primary workhorse.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find that the newer G&G RK's are superb weapons with their only weak point being the slender stock tangs, that with enough force applies might tend to break. Of course the weak point is caused by the slenderness of the stock tangs with the body being made of magnesium which is strong and light weight, but a bit brittle. I had my stock tangs break on me, at different times and were accidents on my end, but I fixed the problem and now the gun is solid and is my primary workhorse.

Yes I saw how you fixed yours with CYMA tongs ComradeMP nice job. Ok so the even in the latest version (V3) the problem persists? Good info to know since I've just been saying stay away since previous versions were bad. See you at Pinos Comrade -punk_newbie

My G&G RK-103 came with broken stock tangs. I sold it off a couple months later. The guy who bought it replaced the receiver with a new one (within the last year). And the stock tang on that receiver promptly broke. He then sold it off and bought an AR-15.

I tried to install an ordinary AK front set, but it couldnt align with the body.

I'd restore the gun back to an AKSU if I were you. The way it is now looks like it will break easily and you'll end up saying goodbye to your Aimpoint mid-game. All it takes to use the RIS foregrip on an AKSU is a little bit of ingenuity.

Yes I saw how you fixed yours with CYMA tongs ComradeMP nice job. Ok so the even in the latest version (V3) the problem persists? Good info to know since I've just been saying stay away since previous versions were bad. See you at Pinos Comrade -punk_newbie

Aside from that little problem with the tangs, everything else is solid. Yeah, I recognized the avi. Hope to have a good time there.

It seems like the problem of broken stock tangs happens more with the RK/AK 100 series of G&G guns. I've never heard them break on the AK/RK 47. I've dropped my AK/RK 47 multiple times and the stock tangs are fine.

From the illustration I've seen of the construction of the RK47, the stock tang assy is more sturdily placed on the reciever and reinforced than on the 103/104.

if you want to fill me in on how (unless it actualy takes skill, Which I dont have) Cause I just want ot get rid of this. I just want a vfc now lol.

Dosen't really take skill, I half assed stumpled on the solution myself and it took me two tries with my third try being the final one. Just going to take some dremeling, a drill, and a TM style butt stock tang which you can find if you look for one. I took mine off of a spare CYMA CM.028 reciever. But since you say you only broke the upper. I would use some epoxy to keep the tang on the stock and then drill some holes on the stock and receiver and use some thing steel bits to firmly keep the stock to the receiver. My fellow non russian playing comrade did the same when his upper tang broke, but he used some wood. Then simply tape over some of it with blue tape so it doesn't look as bad. In this case it's functionality over vanity.

Edited by ComradeMP1
Iam looking for a "russian looking" reddot for my AK-104. Kobra and other ak jewels are a bit too expensive.

Maybe you have some ideas, or picture examples? :rolleyes:

afraid IMO the only 'russian looking' scopes and RDSs are actually russian. nothing IMO comes close in appearance. kobras are indeed meant to be nice, i reckon if you saved for one you wouldnt regret it

Your mag doesn't look like a 5.56 one (the back of the mag is too much curved)... so your AK would rather be a 74 than a 101 :P

Bloodsword,

Your ... "AK" is the pure fuglyness.

You do know that for atleast 70% of the mags that are converted [Russian ones] are old 5.45 mag shells. :P