AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi guys , need to ask a question putting my self an ak together and wanted to ask do all akm's use the 74 type body ?

PICT0116.jpg

anyway thats it so far , KA body and front set some cyma parts and a caw wood set ( used but looks nice)

For anybody who is interested, the Land Arms stuff you can find on Ebaybanned is quite nice. Very, very solid as its cast iron and fairly easy to install. This started as the full length Dboys with the wire stock, but as you can see I replaced the stock and cut the barrel:

ak104.jpg

Well, damn. Very nice. I was planning to do exactly that, but now I need to focus my energies elsewhere!

*edit - after a few seconds of looking, I realized that it looks too long in the front, and I'm not sure why...

ak-105.jpg

Edited by PlasticMag
hi guys , need to ask a question putting my self an ak together and wanted to ask do all akm's use the 74 type body ?

anyway thats it so far , KA body and front set some cyma parts and a caw wood set ( used but looks nice)

I recall someone saying an AKM type IV receiver is a little different than a AK74 receiver by how the stock attaches.

A quik enquirey (yes I've searched online and on the forums); I want to fit my CYMA CMO31 with a 74m style folding stock and reciever but I'm not sure what would fit, what would be of fairly good quality but not horribly expensive (it's a CYMA, I'm not fitting an inokatsu kit, that would just be dumb....)

Cheers in advance!

P.S. A non-scamming supplier would also be good, saw a site that did lots of AK kits but they got a bad write up on actually supplying the stuff...

Edited by ninja master of coffee

Only CYMA and Inokatsu's Marui-specific line work. Sorry. You kinda shafted yourself on that one, as the CYMAs are non-standardized. *edit - for the AKM/74 market, any way. They retain the Marui construction method.

Edited by PlasticMag

Well, you can't buy the receiver and stock separately. If you already have a CM031 (solid non-folding stock) you'll need to buy a CYMA with a folding stock and sell the leftovers. You *could* fit a DBoys receiver, but it's not an easy task at all, and if you screw up you've borked yourself out of a gun.

I'd already figured I'd need the receiver and stock but you're saying that you actually can't get the CYMA folding stock compatible receiver and stock as spare parts? I take it you need to mod the CYMA guts as well as the DBoys stuff to get it to fit? Also, feel free to PM me info rather than have me spam this thread! :P