AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about doing that myself, but something about the latest issue always draws me. I imagine wood would be the easiest project though, the modern furniture is expensive, and I realised you need the real stock for the optic plate cutout. A US made synthetic non-folding stock wouldn't work, unless somebody milled that area out fo you.

I am stunned I guess..

I love the RPK but hate it at the same time?.. Hmmm I gues its a bit weird to see a skeliton stock with that setup with a Drum mag, and as said above, 40rd RP mags would make it look very nice..

Also, What mods did you have to do? I am guessing not very much sence its based of a CYMA AK correct?

Yeah, I think the Drum mag (although a Drum mag useually makes this cool) makes the gun look to long somehow..

Edit, It looks like it turned out so great, when all you did was swap the barrel assemblys... Haha!

Edited by AirsoftHawaii90

the biggest problem with an RPKS is the locking mechanism. since the stock release button thingy is in the back of the reciever. i guess one way of doing it (cheating) would be to do a polymer RPK74M and use the same method as the AK74M, where it has a button on the buttplate of the stock. it wouldnt be correct, but it's close enough IMO.

Get some "bakelite" ones.... I was hacking one up today, it was dead easy. Much to my surprise, it was made of resin coated plywood! No wonder they're wood "effect". I put it on my akms , and it looks the chunkies.

-matt

Jagger, great looking S.

Mikoyan, what did you put inside said bakelite? Hicap? Do you know if anyone has any luck putting midcaps/lowcaps in RS mags?

Steve

I'm going to put mid-cap internals in, but I havn't got any yet. I do have one steel mag I converted; it's hard work, but it can be done and the results are great. You can use any nmag internals, but hi-caps are more complicated than mid or lo cops, as you have to cut a slot in the magazine plate.

I used grim's guide:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...041&hl=grim

good luck,

matt

Get some "bakelite" ones.... I was hacking one up today, it was dead easy. Much to my surprise, it was made of resin coated plywood! No wonder they're wood "effect". I put it on my akms , and it looks the chunkies.

-matt

Its not plywood, its baklelite ;) Bakelite is a old plastic that was used alot in the old days and looks like wood.

And yeah its really easy to convert the bakelite ones compaired to the metal ones.

Also if you scratch the sureface of them while converting you can rub some oil on the and it will pretty much look good as new :)

Its not plywood, its baklelite ;) Bakelite is a old plastic that was used alot in the old days and looks like wood.

And yeah its really easy to convert the bakelite ones compaired to the metal ones.

Also if you scratch the sureface of them while converting you can rub some oil on the and it will pretty much look good as new :)

Thats the most realistic wood effect i've seen! TM should use it on their ak's. I see what you mean now- I know of bakelite, but this is the first time i've handled it.

cheers,

matt

I had quite a few spare parts lying around and I decided to create something a little more...unique. It's based on the AS VAL (assault rifle version of the VSS Vintorez). Obviously I dont intend for it to be a 100% replica just something in the same style. Anyway here's the result so far.

2zs4q4g.jpg

beap2d.jpg

w2k19d.jpg

iymm29.jpg

The foam in the silencer isn't for silencing...its just so it will stay on the barrel (the barrel is normal AK length. Ironically its a good deal louder then a normal AEG but I've found either super loud or super quiet seems to strike the same amount of fear into the enemy so...its all good. ;)

I'ts obviously not complete. Theres no top cover or bolt because I'm having issues with the stupid CYMA bolt. I'll be ordering a Dboys top cover eventually. Unfortunately the stock cant fold because I had to remove the clip that holds the stock in order to fit the new front end on but...I guess there are certain things you have to sacrafice when you do these kinds of things. The front sight is a spare AUG plastic sight and it actually works VERY well in conjunction with the rear notch sight.

Inspiration:

2qajntj.jpg

odd. orange bakelite looks nowt like wood at all to me.

jaager, you could always buy a couple of boxes of MAG AKM mags. they work great and with a bit of sandpaper, a buggered paint brush and some red varnish will look pretty realistic too.

It's when you cut into the mags you see the difference- the bakelite is very fibrous, and has the consistency, look and feel of plywood soaked in resin. Also, the external finish isn't flat orange, it has a "wood effect" look.

-matt

Can someone direct me to where people are getting these AKMs stockes? I really want to convirt back to a Folding stock, but not the normal ones that break.. I want a fold stock that can handel heave usage. I will be needing a new Body also correct?

thanks for the help guys.