AK & Variants Picture Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it's an AKM gasblock if i'm correct. It has a wrong mag and compensator. But shouldn't be long before i get the right one.

im pretty sure the RPK74 gas block is very similar to the AKM one, more so than the AK74 gas block.

as for the dimples, only very early 7.62 RPKs had them, so i wouldnt worry too much as few RS ones actually have them.

Phase 2 of the wear and tear on my AKS-74U.

aks_74u_2a.jpg

aks_74u_3a.jpg

aks_74u_4a.jpg

aks_74u_1a.jpg

Still working on the finish, but it's getting there. I think the thing (especially noticeable in the last pic) is I need to blend it all a bit better. Smooth it out a bit.

Cheers!

- CapaciousZepher

My AK Collection.

aksav1.png

Nice AIM, looks great, makes me think is that real? I mean it looks alot better than the other AK's and the Pistolgrip looks alot smaller like the real ones, and also it has the 47 style brake instead of a slant like the old AIM variants have.

So my guess its a real one. If not you have a AK succes hehe :P

Yeah noticed that aswell, so a Romy "patriot" semi fire^^

This gave me a Idea, i have a full Ino kit, i think im gonna order a set of romy wood and mod the whole gun to a AIM replica and use a real pistolgrip and mod a empty GB so the pistolgrip has it original size, then saw and dremel the inside of the reciver so it can take real un modded mags w bullets, also use the VFC dekoration bolt since real bolts are illegal here. Ill also see if i can saw the back reciver so i wont have to mod the stock...

Ill see how much cash i have for next month. I was originally planning making a AMD65 of it but i only use AIMS in CQB and AKM outside so its just a waste getting moore.

Edited by GRIM!
Yeah noticed that aswell, so a Romy "patriot" semi fire^^

This gave me a Idea, i have a full Ino kit, i think im gonna order a set of romy wood and mod the whole gun to a AIM replica and use a real pistolgrip and mod a empty GB so the pistolgrip has it original size, then saw and dremel the inside of the reciver so it can take real un modded mags w bullets, also use the VFC dekoration bolt since real bolts are illegal here. Ill also see if i can saw the back reciver so i wont have to mod the stock...

Ill see how much cash i have for next month. I was originally planning making a AMD65 of it but i only use AIMS in CQB and AKM outside so its just a waste getting moore.

Why not make the AMD65 a dummy gun? It's by far a more interesting AK.

Nice AIM, looks great, makes me think is that real? I mean it looks alot better than the other AK's and the Pistolgrip looks alot smaller like the real ones, and also it has the 47 style brake instead of a slant like the old AIM variants have.

So my guess its a real one. If not you have a AK succes hehe :P

Yes sadly it is real. :(

Yes sadly it is real. :(

Does anyone have any idea if the VFC ultimak (or "railed gas tube" as they non-copyright infringingly call it) will fit an Inokatsu/RMW AK? It's a going on my customised 104, so it'll be replacing a standard size gas tube, and theoretically I can't see any major problems- just wondering if anyone has given it a shot before, or if anyone knows how similar Inokatsu/RMW and VFC gas tubes are, generally...

Added some wear to my aksu. I'm not sure if it looks realistic but meh, it's a wallhanger anyway. Still have to varnish the wood, it was real Bulgarian wood but it was in such a bad condition that I decided to sand them down.

DSC_2624.jpg