Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

So Im about to embark on my first paintjob, I picked up the paint (Krylon Khaki & Medium Brown) and I had a practice on a old stock and handguard I had spare.

The first two coats of khaki was easy enough and I covered the surface well and it actually looked great.

Today however I tried the medium brown and had some trouble.

I am trying to achieve a kinda SEAL look with my rifle so I obviously want the majority of the rifle to be khaki with bits of brown here and there. Im finding it difficult when applying the brown because it is covering much more of the khaki than I wanted.

Can someone give me some tips and how to achieve the look im going for?

I tried holding the tin both closer than normal and further away but it just wasnt right.

I assume I should just be 'ghosting' the brown paint over the khaki, is that correct?

I just feel that if I start with the brown I will end up covering the whole thing in brown before I know it!

Im finding it difficult to control the flow of the brown paint is I guess what Im trying to say.

Thanks guys.

Edited by chris u'5

are you going for the ericngsta look? sort of EOD style? or are you just looking for khaki with stripes of medium brown, I can see where your problem would be as Krylon Khaki is really light, and Med brown is actually rather dark, so your colours are contrasting quite a bit. if you want to ghost the med brown over the khaki you ought to hold it pretty far away and move the can over the gun in a smooth 'arc' pattern, if you're going for stripey type patterns you might want to try doing the brown, then thinning out the stripe by applying krylon back over the top to reduce the amount of brown showing, but regarding your choice of colours you'd better be light with the brown else the khaki won't cover it up without you needing to apply a really thick layer...

So Im about to embark on my first paintjob, I picked up the paint (Krylon Khaki & Medium Brown)

Weird, i picked up the exact same colours last week for my first paintjob. Although i havent started it yet, might i suggest varying the speed at which you stroke across the object being painted

Also, ericngsta, that is a beauty :D

Weird, i picked up the exact same colours last week for my first paintjob. Although i havent started it yet, might i suggest varying the speed at which you stroke across the object being painted

Also, ericngsta, that is a beauty :D

What do you mean fr00b?

Move the can in a quicker motion?

What do you mean fr00b?

Move the can in a quicker motion?

;D yeah... like i say i havent done it yet, but judging on past experiences with spraypaint it could work. This is really the sort of thing Souske could help out with, but i think he's probably a bit annoyed with these forums atm..

Anywho, just thought i'd pipe up due to the odd paint coincidence. Having looked further at some SEAL images, i wish i'd picked up some OD as well, or another third colour.

SAS paintjob would be so much simpler:

UKSF-3.jpg

Lazy git :P

I've got some Krylon Olive on the way, its pretty hard to get these days.

To be honest all SEALS rifle pictures I have seen they are always just the 2 colours, sometimes it seems only khaki!

Dont know if you guys know but Krylon is discontinuing the Camouflage range.

Airsoft World has a message about it on their site but I emailed Krylon to see if it was true.

I've copied the reply below;

Hi Christopher,

Thank you for your inquiry with the Krylon website. We appreciate you

taking the time to contact us.

We will still be offering a Camouflage product, but it will only be

available in the Fusion line. The particular line you're referring to is

being phased out, so once it's gone, it's gone. The Fusion colors will

probably not be exact matches to what you currently have, but it's the only

line that will have the Camouflage colors available.

Thank you again for your inquiry. If you have any other questions, please

reply with complete message history and my name in the subject line, and I

will respond as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Eric

Krylon Product Support

I dont really know what he is referring to when he says the "Fusion" line, never heard of it. Will have to look into it.

Edited by chris u'5

Yeah, I was looking at that.

The colours dont look great though, surely a 'satin' finish wouldnt look very good.

I have never used them personally but maybe Tamiya might be the best option when the Camouflage range is gone.

I know some people are already using it on their rifles.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/list/spray.htm

Nice selection of colours.

Edited by chris u'5
link for Fusion Camoflauge - http://krylon.com/main/product_template.cf...product_details

4 colours? :huh: I hope they're going to serious expand the range before dropping the current line

Ahh...good spot, thanks.

Yeah, I hope the add a few more colours but most people tend to use those colours most.

They could defo do with adding Medium Brown at least!

I think khaki and medium brown would be a better choice (I believe most people use those colours)

Brown is slightly too dark I feel.

I dont have any pics but here is a link to a colour comparison chart.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comersus_searchItem.asp

I know it can be difficult without seeing the colour in real life but I think this chart does a good job of showing the differences.

Edit.

Sorry, the link isnt working.

Just type 'Krylon' into the Search box on the top right hand side.

Edited by chris u'5
Im having a hard time on deciding whether I should paint my M4 with khaki & brown or khaki & med. brown. Anyone has any pics with both colors in it so I could get a reference on both colors?

here you go:

DSC_0019.JPG

also

http://users.pandora.be/blarock86/airsoft/...on/DSC_0021.JPG

http://users.pandora.be/blarock86/airsoft/...on/DSC_0022.JPG

Colors are: Sand Dune / Brown / Khaki / medium brown.

Same colors used here: (no brown)

DSC_1079%20(Large).JPG

Edited by blarock86