Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Demoncase, that MP5k is niiiice!

Thinking of doing a DPM job on my nearly completed SPR. Start with a base coat of tan then add OG, Brown and black. I'll test it out on a spare M16 reciever first but would people recommend spraying the DPM pattern via airbrush or using stencils?

Ill take some photos of the experimental pattern when I finish it.

Some real inspiring work on here!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

chris u'5

when painting your gun you want to get tissue paper and stick it in the flash hider

make sure its not really cold where you are spraying it

split it in to parts so take of the add ons and mask bits you dont want to spray when spraying selector move the slector after each layer has dried

make sure you do lots on fine coats not just one really thick will come out better

have fun

Thanks Xander,

I feel pretty confident that I understand that actual procedure of painting a rifle but its worrying me that I will make a tit of it when actually doing it!

Quick question though, if you do get blobs of paint whats the best why to deal with it? Wait until it dries then wipe the area with acetone or something?

Quick question though, if you do get blobs of paint whats the best why to deal with it? Wait until it dries then wipe the area with acetone or something?

Best thing to do is try your best to avoid them entirely - if you do however get a blob you should let it dry then remove it with a paint stripping chemical, sanding it will just make the "blob" flat but still visible as a stronger colour than the rest of the spray. If you're doing something more fancy than one colour over the entire gun then its best to avoid blobs like the plague as when removing them with chemicals it tends to make blending the repainted bit with the previously painted bit before the blobs quite difficult.

To avoid blobs make sure your can's nozzle is clean before spraying (give it a wipe every few sprays to avoid paint build up) also remember to be firm with the pressing of the nozzle, I've found pressing it lightly results in blobs more often than giving it a good hard press.

Edited by 0 armalite 0

yeah i agree with the pressing hard altho if you do make a job try to wipe most of it of when its wet then give it another coat and try and blend it in and i find spraying random stuff you dont mind about helps you get a feel of the can and how far away to spray it from and stuff

another tip start spraying before you get onto the gun and do it in lines and make sure you shake the can and dont stay in 1 place long

but yeah jsut man up and go for it if it fails give it another base coat and try again its not the end of the world

Best thing to do is try your best to avoid them entirely - if you do however get a blob you should let it dry then remove it with a paint stripping chemical, sanding it will just make the "blob" flat but still visible as a stronger colour than the rest of the spray. If you're doing something more fancy than one colour over the entire gun then its best to avoid blobs like the plague as when removing them with chemicals it tends to make blending the repainted bit with the previously painted bit before the blobs quite difficult.

To avoid blobs make sure your can's nozzle is clean before spraying (give it a wipe every few sprays to avoid paint build up) also remember to be firm with the pressing of the nozzle, I've found pressing it lightly results in blobs more often than giving it a good hard press.

Exactly what he said. Keeping your nozzle clean prevents this from happening.

And if it does happen sand the area/blotch down carefully then respray evenly.

How to keep the nozzle of your spray cans clean:

Point in a safe direction

Turn the can upside-down (spelling)

Press the button: only a bit of residual paint will come out, but the gas will clean the whole nozzle and even the internal tube.

Grafitti artist trick, even more important when painting guns.

Actually, you should do this before storing your cans away too.

hey, i have a real m1a m14 socom16.

something like this:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/Wa...boy/SOCOM16.jpg

http://www.cchanphotography.com/guns/m1as/...es/dsc_3775.jpg

and i was wondering... what do you guys think would be a good type of paintjob for it, IF i decide to paint it?

-Joe

hey, i have a real m1a m14 socom16.

something like this:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/Wa...boy/SOCOM16.jpg

http://www.cchanphotography.com/guns/m1as/...es/dsc_3775.jpg

and i was wondering... what do you guys think would be a good type of paintjob for it, IF i decide to paint it?

-Joe

Do you plan on using this for hunting? If so, then base your color on the area you'll be at. But if you're going to paint it as "just because you can factor", then experiment around with other guns (airsoft is great practice template) until you're happy with it.

Even though I've been painting airsoft guns for years, I still haven't painted my RRA AR15 carbine because I couldn't decide on a set pattern yet, lol.

Well, I just finished sexificating my M1911 clone. Here's some pics - I'll try and get better ones tomorrow when the sun is up.

done.jpg

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

It's hard to see, but I've done it in Gunmetal to make it look, well, metal, and the controls are in matte black. It's got a very subtle two-tone effect going on that works really well. You can't tell it's not metal till you pick it up. :D