Painted Weapons Picture Thread

I am planning to spray my rifle this weekend and would like some to know a few things,

My gun is a JG m4a1 and mostly plastic. The paints I will use are going to be matte and made up at a spray shop so I can get the exact match of colours I want. Will I need to sand down the gun? add primer etc? Or will it be fine just wiping down and spraying straight on?

As much info as possible please.

I used the krylon camo series and didnt need any primer or sanding down

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

my baby, broke off the flashider when i fell on some ice, just ordered a 2X reddot

DSCN0687.jpg

my POS, its horrible, but ill kill the OPFOR with good looks.

DSCN0688.jpg

other side(this pic was taken a while ago, which is why the barrel isnt painted)

DSCN0648.jpg

That's an "interesting" colour scheme!

i was bored and saw that i had some green and white krylon lying around, figured why not? unfortunately, i payed to have my m14 painted before that, so i couldnt get a sick digital snakeskin on both of them.

GEDC0011.jpg

My Camera is dieing at the moment so the picture is woefully ###### - but it's my Gspec, which I did up in a MARPAT-esque digital pattern, which took quite a while to do, but I'm very pleased with. It really breaks the shape of the gun up and hopefully combined with the modified silencer it should let me stay quite well hidden.

Here are some of my guns:

This is my old Mk.18 that used to be my primary. The color scheme and pattern is not meant to conceal the weapon or camouflage it. I actually wanted an eye catching paint job that lets people know what gun killed them and who it belongs to. It has a cut down SPR compensator that allows relatively quick attachment of a suppressor.

This is my M733. I patterned it after Gary Gordon's rifle from the movie Black Hawk Down. I think I did a fairly good job replicating it. There is usually a flashlight mounted on the hand guard, but it currently loaned out to a friend. It used to have a full length tight bore barrel running the entire length of the barrel and silencer, but I switched it out so I could take the silencer off and use it for cqb. The brown on the hand guard is not paint, it is actually a thin covering of mud left over from a game.

Edited by shadownova