Painted Weapons Picture Thread

That OD green G36 looks very nice. I'm going to post something similar, an OD green XM-8. I picked up a pair of BE plastic gearbox XM-8's for a really good price because they were being sold as defective, due to a bad piston head o-ring, an simple repair. After getting them shooting nice, I had to paint them, as they had the ugliest matte black paint, that made them look even more like cheap plastic than had they just been left bare black plastic. One I painted to look like one of the prototype XM-8s that was OD green. I painted the black furniture parts with Rustoleum textured black, the muzzle with flat black Rustoleum, and the rest with Rustoleum OD green camo paint. I think it came out really nice looking. The other one I painted with a mix of Rustoleum and krylon camo paints, and Rustoleum Sandstone textured paint on the grips and stock for some grippyness. I used grass and bits of pine boughs to stencil it. I think it came out really cool looking, should make for an effective pattern in grassy and arid environments.

I apologize for these not being the best pics, but it's night time and I know if I don't take the pics and post them now I'll probably never get around to it.

BEXM-8s3.jpg

BEXM-8s2.jpg

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

Just got miself a M-14 and already sprayed it... actually my brother did it... is G36c is already in the g36 thread... and it's prety much the same paint job...

the best of this paint is that with a household cleaner I can remove it... and nothing remains in the gun...

Cyma m-14 sniper... just missing the scope... I'll have it tomorrow...

DSCF4807.jpg

DSCF4809.jpg

DSCF4808.jpg

cheers

Edited by pikuinhas08

it may seem that but... most of the times when you notice the green flash hider it's to late...

but if you think that is bad... the new law if approved is even worst...

10 cm in the front and full stock painted in that green.... this is if the new law is approved...

cheers

Thanks, I thought it came out pretty impressive looking. It's actually an arid environment pattern, it looks more whitish in the pic than it really is, it's dark earth tan color. It works great in grassy areas, you don't see the gun poking out from behind cover.

TheSadR, how did you paint that, looks like some kind of stencils over the brown and a kakhi top coat, or was it done with an airbrush?

Edited by DanHS

Hy

The kakhi was the primary, and stencil it with the brown. Krylon & Research & Work & Imagination & Patience ;)

It's my first "Work".

Yours XM's are very nice, the second one, nice work. :)

Cheers

Edited by TheSadR

And not to mention with the background it blends in pretty well. Perhaps a dry brush background, some foliage and bit of leaves attached..mmmmm super sexy! And one bad@ss silencer to go with it, oooh that would complete the cycle of life!

unicornaks74ushoguny.jpg

Unicorn AKS74U Sho' Gun.

I thought, I'd post it in the "AK and variants"-thread as a special service to Grobut :D

But then the thought of the flaming and smack made me change my mind.

Basically this used to be an old and worn out Unicorn AKS74U, but with a few changes.

Externally:

- Completely glass-blown to remove paint and rust.

- Added several layers of matte black then partially assembled, flame-style stickers added and painted another several times with dark gray metallic paint. The stickers were then removed and several layers of transparent laquering added. The gun was then assembled.

- Original ugly poly-grip swapped for an AK-SAW-grip.

- Original ugly poly-forethingy swapped for Ebaybanned Inokatsu rail-kit.

- EB short rail foregrip added.

- Original flash hider swapped for PDW-style barrelextension and a King Arms Phantom flash hider.

Internally:

- CM.02 box retained.

- Plastic bushings changed to steel bushings.

- XYT-gears changed to CA-standard.

- Spring changed to slightly used SP120.

- Plastic spring guide changed to spring guide with bearings.

- Piston head changed from crappy original to Airsoftsurgeon type.

- Non-airseal nozzle changed to airseal type.

- China motor changed to EG700.

- New inner barrel. Standard inner from Real Sword Type 97B and new hop-rubber.

The gun fires nicely and chronoes at about 122m/s (~400 fps) which is a bit on the low side for that spring, but it'll do for now.

In the end I'll just add that this gun was built with a vision - Not just to make an über-tacticool-random-accessory-slap-on-gun as AK-purists will probably claim. I meant to build a bling-gun which wasn't an Armalite, and I think it went reasonably well :)

Flame away :P