Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

What exactly did you do to get that look, thats exactly what I was trying top do on my bar-10 but ended up *fruitcage* it up and ordering a new one.

Well, the guide I followed said you may want them to be a little fuzzy to help the fading effect. And I used index cards so I did the best I could. Good 'nuff.

I think it came out good. The sharpness thing is a user preferrence though.. Some want more defined lines and others do not. I think yours looks fine.

Guide

This is the guide I used. I used all Krylon, and these colors, as they don't make some of those anymore....

Ivory

Hunter Green - A bit too... Green. I saw another company had one called "Moss Green" that I saw after I painted it, and it looks better imo. Easier to dust on without getting too much, etc.

Brown

Khaki

Saddle Tan - Not the best choice, I used the gloss one and then Steel Wooled(I like to make nouns into verbs.....) it, but the color just isn't quite right.

And I just used index cards to put the stencils(?) on, and cut out a square about the size of an index card from a full sheet of card-stock-ish paper. Like a music folder kinda thing, to put the index card and change them out pretty quick.

Edited by frvwfr2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After Voractiously spraying Volatile Vapors of Varnish for this new Verdant and Verdurous Veneer on my Veritable instrument of Vendetta...

dsc4444p.jpg

dsc4434.jpg

... I came up with this:

dsc4451.jpg

dsc4449f.jpg

I've been torn between painting or not painting it for a long time now. I finally went for it and I'm glad. Okay, first of all, it was a huge lump of nothing but black, and I really liked some of those painted wz.96 Beryl rifles on Remov's photos. It's one of the few AK derivatives that can get away with it.

I experimented with grass and plant stencils on a cheap M4 I also have, but I thought these 'advanced' techniques wouldn't work for a Beryl. The examples I've seen painted, were painted in a very simple, no-frills way, which is exactly what I did with mine. And I'm really happy with the result!

Now I just need to put it through some use and it should look fabulous :)