Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

Perhaps just leave it as it is and let it wear off through use? I think it looks alright as it is, and could look quite good when it's been used a bit

I think the paint job itself is good but it looks a bit too dark (to much black) and could benifit from being a bit less uniform.

My .02

Looks good Kush, you are def going in the right direction. I do think the black stripes are a bit too thick... But the idea is outstanding.

Thanks for the input. I do agree that the black is a little heavy, and as Smeg mentioned wear may give it a better appearance. Better pics when it's all done!

Edited by Kush88

same with the ics mags theyre also 450 round mags lol.

allmighty toast i do believe that you would be using the wrong type of paint..

try buying some KRYLON instead of normal spray paint i dont know who stocks it in the US but im sure it will be easy to find.

DSC01266.jpg

DSC01265.jpg

Edited by kingdong
Every time I hand paint a gun, it's always sticky and grippy and warm on the metal.

Every time I spray paint, it looks horrible. How do you people do it.?

What type of paint do you use?

I usually go with Krylon Ultra Flat Camo Paint

-The colors look great and very flat (ie. not shiny)

The biggest tip I could give you would be to take your time. Let the paint completely dry before coating it with other patterns/ layers.

-Shin

Here's my M14 I painted awhile back with Krylon.

The paint is very flat and I used a cardboard cutout for the tiger stripe pattern

YU-TM_M14-pic-01.jpg

I put this one in the P90 thread, but that thread is dead, lol.

So thought I'd share my efforts here!!

White trades just used a wax crayon. Filled in the lower receiver trades with wax, Krylon'd the whole thing, and then removed wax with a pin. Has resulted in some chipping, looks better from afar! Might have to paint round with a tiny art brush or something! Flash takes some of the colour away, but it's a Khaki one.

khakip90.jpg