Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

D:

what

That looks awesome. How'd you do it?

Chaz ids correct, there a ton of tutorials. I have one on Youtube.. search "Shwell11 Painting" on youtube.. It is also featuredon this site somewhere as well.

As for Flek, that is what gave me the idea to use the colors I did on this one. Some of my teamates use Flek a lot and wanted this on their guns, so now I have tyhe steps down and the colors as well. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Wearandtear.jpg

HK after some action, including Berget 9. Also shown is one of my sidearms, WE MEU. Might need to sand it down and repaint as I bought an genuine serpa for it and it keeps flaking the paint off from the gun now.

I got bored and decided to respray my KA CASV and a MBK that I had forgotten about:

IMG_20110712_112427.jpg

IMG_20110712_112319.jpg

The receiver is Alumahyde Coyote and the CASV is Alumahyde Earth Brown; there's been some argument about these colors and in my opinion the Earth Brown looks nicer on weapons. Brownell's version of Coyote may well be closer to Magpul FDE, but it's a little on the light side and therefore stands out more. It goes on thick and cures tough, and it's almost a semigloss so it will get a matte topcoat.

My cellphone photos aren't the greatest, so I took another shot on "automatic" for comparison:

IMG_20110712_112305.jpg

The low morning sun is highlighting the imperfections.

I was planning on selling off these parts, but the building bug struck when I realized that I had almost everything to build a nice gun. I've got a VLTOR gas block/front sight, VLTOR flash hider, standard M4 14" barrel, and a black Crane stock--any other suggestions (especially cheap ones) for externals?

Latest experiment.. Working on a specific color scheme to match Flektarn.. This is attempt Number 1..

XCRUpdate008.jpg

XCRUpdate010.jpg

XCRUpdate011.jpg

Have a G36 I am currently trying with one extra color not in these pics, and it is coming out better. One more color to buy and that will be done.