Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

mk18.jpg

mk18_g2.jpg

mk18_g1.jpg

MK18 MOD0* - DBoys body, various internals /w upgrades

Peq15* /w red laser, 553 dot*, stubby grip*, ctr stock, stock raiser, mic pom, silencer*, troy sight*, flashlight, gps garmin 301

custom paintjob /w krylon colors (by Thor from ASR), battleworn by me.

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2035.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2029.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2025.jpg

Tokyo Marui M14* /w EBR Kit TGS Full Metal /w various internal upgrades and fires on semi-auto only

scope* /w scope mount, tripod KA, silencer*

custom paintjob with krylon by Gabi (from ASR)

* airsoft replicas

• 2 weeks later...

Mate, if you wanna go realistic looking, remove the burlap from the barrel. On a real one that would be a fire hazard!

Long, long gone i only had the gun a few hours at the time of pics. Not sure what the point of it was either!?

Is it a huge pain in the *albatross* to strip and repaint lads? Or should i paint over the existing layers???

Bucko, that's awesome. What paints and methods did you use?

Thanks! It's Krylon Flat Earth (tan) sprayed in several thin coats, then a few dashes of the dark Krylon spray, followed by meticulous sponging of colors to create the "organic pixel" effect, followed by some select dusting with the original tan Krylon spray. Not too hard, but I think it came out alright!

For posterity's sake, here's an A-TACS swatch and a close up to compare the two. Not an exact match, but I'm happy enough.

atacs-11x111.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

Edited by Bucko

Thanks gents! It's deffo not exact, but it's close enough for (non-)government work. Certainly did the trick this last weekend at the field. I managed to remain concealed after a group of 5 tangos walked past my exposed position (I was backed up against some shrubs in a small clearing) no more than 8 feet away. Not having a black gun was the saving grace.

I have a sudden urge to see an M4 with a water transfer of Water Lilies.

Water Transfer?! Pssh... Sounds like I have a new project for my MP5...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was rather trying it out then making it to mimic any real camo, but I realise it does look a bit like ACU:P I still think i need some more practice though... :) Already considering buying a cheap spring rifle/shotgun just to cover it in paint:P

Edited by Vilreen

I was rather trying it out then making it to mimic any real camo, but I realise it does look a bit like ACU:P I still think i need some more practice though... :) Already considering buying a cheap spring rifle/shotgun just to cover it in paint:P

Yeah, it looks real good! What I reccomend to finish is to do light overspray in the olive color. What I do is I hold up a piece of cardboard in front of a spray can so that just the edges of the spray hit the gun. It puts little speckles of paint on it. Here's an example of an M4 I did in ATACS.

img5045a.jpg

img5192dc.jpg

Sorry for double post - edit function no longer available (hope you don't mind). Because it's addicting I went for an AR part - front grip. Too bad it's holiday today, so I can't get any other colours, but this is just practice anyway :) Hope you like it, all feedback will be MOST welcome!

Sorry for using flash, but that was the only way to show the part in more realistic colours.

DSC01342.JPG

DSC01353.JPG

DSC01367.JPG

I'm thinking about blending it even more with some dusting/light overspray...