Painted Weapons Picture Thread

It's called sponging technique. I think it was mentioned before, especially Shwell excels in it :)

Couple of links to show you more or less how it's done:

<- Shwell's tutorial

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_19/321800_Sponge_Camo_Tutorial.html&page=1 <- Sponge Camo thread on a real steel guns forum (those guys really know their show there!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Weekend's coming and I had a little bit of free time this afternoon :) I sponged my friends M4 (old gun of his, he can't even recall the brand :D) Tried marpatish colors again, because I know how to apply them to look quite good. So, check the results and please leave some feedback or thoughts :) That would be much appreciated!

1) The gun as I got it from my friend. I've masked the magwell, bottom of the grip, business end of the barrel, mag release. All internals remained inside the gun during the process. I didn't wash or do anything similar to it.

DSC01410.JPG

2) First coat - Maya Green from Montana 94 palette. Looks brand new!

DSC01411.JPG

3) Secondly, stripes using Chiapas Brown, also by Montana 94.

DSC01414.JPG

4) After Chiapas Brown Sponge.

DSC01415.JPG

5) After Maya Green sponge.

DSC01421.JPG

6) After black and tan sponge. Black from Montana 94, Tan is Desert Tan from FOSCO Industries camouflage palette.

DSC01439.JPG

7) Finished product, dusted with Maya Green to reduce contrast and make Chiapas Brown a bit darker. On top of that, few layers of matt clear coat. In the end, I've painted S for safe, F for fire and A for automatic using a small brush and some greenish color (you can barely see it, but from up close it's visible enough).

DSC01441.JPG

More photos on request :) :) :)

Thanks dude, I'm glad you like it.

It's a KJW base gun with pretty much all of the important parts replaced with other aftermarket ones.

(Mostly G&G, some Tanaka and other third party ones like the suppressor adapter for example)

I'm loving it so far as it shoots straight as an arrow since most of it's use is just target shooting around my home. On a good day with mild

wind I'm usually able to pump out 7 or 8 hits out of 10 on a dinner plate sized target at about 55-60 yards. Definitely not the furthest shot

out there, but accurate enough to be fun to shoot. :)

It's even more fun at night with a piggybacked PVS-14 on there. ;)

Edited by jdizzle921
  • 3 weeks later...

Fairy Power Spray. If that fails, paint stripper, but for the love of God test it somewhere inconspicuous first. It shouldn't have much effect on the metal but it will EAT certain plastics; bear in mind that some parts may be made of more than one plastic component and also that just because one plastic part is fine doesn't mean the others will be.

[EDIT]

[media=]
[/media]

Is your castle nut on the stock on back to front?

P.S.: I tried quoting that video as just a hyperlink, but the forum is 'too smart' (i.e., too stupid) to allow me to do so without using

tags.[/EDIT]
Edited by PureSilver