Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey!

I just bought this rifle right here (in black): http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p30767/AY-APO-ASW338-Air-cocking-Sniper-Rifle-(Black)/product_info.html

And want to make it look like this: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=13443

You know, not just paint it tan, but make it look like its factory painted. The pistol grip, will not be painted, Ill buy a tan grip.

Does anyone recommend a good, durable, paint that will give me that factory look?

Thanks!

I would disassemble then remove the original paint with sandblasting.

After powderpaint the parts.

If they are made of alu they can be anodised too. Sandblasting before anodising gaves nice matte finish.

Both powderpaint and anodising have layer thickness!!! This could cause problems!!!!!!! Polished parts may don't like sandblastig, it can also cause problems (rought surface)!!!!

Paint can be removed also by cooking the parts in NaOH. No problem at steel and spiater but it solves the aluminium!!!

Wear glasses and handshoes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haven't put paint to gun in ages but just acquired these two in nearly new conditioned (think they were taken to a game site to be chrono'ed and that's it !) for peanuts so always loved blackhawk down (who doesn't?) so thought f**k it I'm having a go !

16ad6kk.jpg

I'm happy with the outcome so that's good enough for me !

• 2 weeks later...