hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

My SMDR and his desert paint

Still wonder if i'll paint the ACOG and bipod too when i'll receive them :unsure:

if you use them with other weapons, no. (unless you're rocking only desert-painted weaps)

if they're for this weapon only, definitely go for it...

if you use them with other weapons, no. (unless you're rocking only desert-painted weaps)

That's the point ;). I also want to use the Acog on my M4A1 and/or GUU5 (wich are not painted)

Edited by Skodajocky

Haha, I see nothing wrong with a gun with mismatched colored parts. It makes it look a little more authentic, haha. See it all the time with troops in the field when they swap optics around different guns.

Skodajocky:

then don't paint them :)

Souske: maybe authentic, but not really an upside, aesthetically speaking...personally, I hate it.

- and khaki painted gun parts stick out like a sore thumb in woodland areas, atleast 'round here...

My freshly painted lean green killing machine.

a21uq0.jpg

dsc00215tg4.jpg

Bipod and forward sling mount still need doing. Humbrol should rename the colour 'shrek'.

Any recommendations on colours and patterns I should use on the next layers?

Luvs2shoot, http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=5445 that's the rear sight only mine isn't ICS.

More colours to come, the green was just lying around so I used it. When I've got time I'll go nuts with the air brush.

A friend saw an old M16 receiver I had been practising on and said "it looks like mud". That's got to be one of the best compliments with regards to camouflage you can get right? ;)

Edited by Grumman

Luvs2shoot, http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=5445 that's the rear sight only mine isn't ICS.

More colours to come, the green was just lying around so I used it. When I've got time I'll go nuts with the air brush.

ouch, $50 for a little piece of metal im not even going to be using since i have a scope. damn

anyways, thanks for the link. can't wait for more colors on the mk12! it's going to look awesome. :D

My freshly painted lean green killing machine.

<snipped photos>

Bipod and forward sling mount still need doing. Humbrol should rename the colour 'shrek'.

Any recommendations on colours and patterns I should use on the next layers?

that's supposed to be OD, right?

if so, get a darker shade of green and some medium brown on there and you'll have yourself one purty weapon... :>

Something darker, as Pkekyo said, and some nice soft blending to break up the outline of that sexy thing.

What brand is that, BTW?

Discovered something quite cool today. I painted my helmet light tan but obviously it now looked brand new. I got some fresh grass cuttings and rubbed it over it. Its come out looking spank! I dont know how long it will last, but if grass stains are anything to go by... And there is never a shortage of fresh grass!

The camera wasnt quite capturing it properly. But it looks like a dirty green. Quite effective I think - or more to the point looks alot better than pure clean tan!

post-6823-1209824468_thumb.jpgpost-6823-1209824477_thumb.jpgpost-6823-1209824484_thumb.jpgpost-6823-1209824491_thumb.jpgpost-6823-1209824497_thumb.jpg