hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Wish I could say that this is my handy work, but it's just my weapon.

(Sorry for the poor quality, my almost, semi-decent camera is AWOL.)

2545748812_1537a93083.jpg

2544923797_0464ed2f09.jpg

For those of you wondering WTF is that based on...

2544923873_663f3a69c3.jpg

2545748938_5b29370c6a.jpg

I had a contact in a stores somewhere who managed to get me a Thermal Individual Concealment Suit (TICS), it's supposedly what some British snipers are being issued with. Looks like DPM but it's lacking the brown.

I should mention that the paint work was done by Stealth Womble, marshal and all-round great guy from MIA.

M14 Tigerstripey....

Well now....Couldn't spray the AK74SU could I?...

So the old JG M14 shorty got a coolio Tiger Stripe blow over with Krylon...

We like?

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

Ok paint experts, I need your opinion on something. I'm going to begin building an M14 DMR and I need to run my paintjob by you guys.

I'm planning on spraying the whole thing brown then putting horizontal tan stripes on it, not with tape or anything, just freehand. Then, I am going to lay scrim netting or something similar over the whole thing and spray it OD. The end result is theoretically a OD gun with a brown/tan scaley look.

EDIT: Sort of forgot the question:

Will this look at all decent and work for a woodland enviornment? I really like that scaley look and leafy paintjobs are not my cup of tea.

Edited by Carter

G3s.

Before-pictures, faking battlewear-pictures, and end result-pictures (Or did I take them before the "battlewear"? Don't remember. oh, whatever.)

post-32299-1212667748_thumb.jpg

post-32299-1212667774_thumb.jpg

post-32299-1212667879_thumb.jpg

G3s.

Before-pictures, faking battlewear-pictures, and end result-pictures (Or did I take them before the "battlewear"? Don't remember. oh, whatever.)

That is super nice. I like the authentic look. Reminds me of pictures of Norwegian SOF guys in A-stan a few years back. They have the identical setup on their G3s...except for the addition of Aimpoints.