hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Castle Bravo that m249 is 90% of how I would do mine. I think it just needs a shorter barrel for my personal taste, but your look, coloring, and layout is perfect otherwise. Way to go!

The m249 looks intresting, i do not like the gun itself, the stock and the rails aren't my taste, but it seems to co-op well with the paintjob. I might try something similar when(if) i buy a m249.

Here's my M700. It was a fairly light coat of Krylon so it has worn off considerably since these pics were taken. It looks much different in person and actually blends in pretty good while playing.

BEFORE:

IMG_3715.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_3717.jpg

IMG_3718.jpg

IMG_3719.jpg

IMG_3720.jpg

Edited by jdizzle921

right the scheme for the USR was done in the following order:-

Sand Dune Base

Med Brown

OD

Khaki highlights

The M4/M203 combo was:-

Khaki base

Med Brown stripes

OD over stripe

I hope that helps

Edited by Lj_Tactical

I did another cheap gun in my stenciled style, different stencils though and different colors, I was trying to make it lighter in color and a little less weird looking. I used a Well R6 I got for a penny on Ebay. I should have used a different type of grass bit it still looks good.

First, in the middle of painting, all the stencils are laid down with their colors under them, I did a little overlapping but not too much:

camopaintingR6nov25-26004.jpg

Then with the background color applied. I used Krylon tan and brown camo paints, and Rustoleum od green and army green camo paints, Rustoleum flat brown and satin moss green. I also used Rustoleum Sandstone finish Mesa Tan on the grips as the first layer for a slightly grippy textured feel. The Krylon tan is the background color.

camopaintingR6nov25-26006.jpg

Then the final piece. Looks pretty good I think, blends well in the different woods around here. If you're wondering why it has a UTG MP5 mag stuffed into it, I didn't have an R6 mag (didn't come with one in ebay auction), and I found if I wrapped some electrical tape around the MP5 mag and squeezed it in, it fits well and feeds fine. The gun itself shoots about 285, but the hop up isn't very good. I stuck a UTG mp5 barrel in it and replaced the broken/missing foregrip and outer barrel with a plastic tube, which also holds a 9.6v nunchuck battery nicely. It should make a good loaner/backyard game gun, and the gearbox doesn't look bad so I could always upgrade it and use a leftover Marui upper in the future, if I wanted it to perform better.

camopaintingR6nov25-26008.jpg

camopaintingR6nov25-26009.jpg

Edited by DanHS