hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Just updated my rifle from a freehand stripe to a slanted tiger stripe. (2nd paint job)

EDIT: Due to poor lighting you can't see the the brown dust effect as well as you should.

Base coat: Krylon camouflage tan

Stripes: Krylon camouflage green

Dust: Krylon camouflage brown

<snip photos>

Well done. i like what you did with the slant. Nice job on the dusting too..

no, not bad at all, i actually really like it. next time i think you should add more striped and go vertically rather than horizontally

Edited by -=OGGY=-

You may have gotten (replace with became/got bored), but that looks fantastic.

gotten isn't a word ;)

I got bored so I did that.

[muppet]

EDIT: Or is it a word we don't use in England?

Edited by ThompsonMuppet-uK

gotten: verb. A past participle of get.

from first link in google search: gotten dictionary. possibly one of those things we in the colonies had gotten wrong and kept on using anyway.

here's my painted m4 and some gear so I'm not postpadding with grammar nonsense

DSC01454.jpg

should I paint the ACOG or leave it black? I rather like the way it looks like this, but it pretty much ruins the point of the camo job.

Edited by the roob

It is Texas. They love guns over there and they will give you your first rifle on your 12th birthday (and then it will be a .22 instead of an airsoft replica). Have never seen so many trucks over there with a rifle in a rack behind the driver there. Guess the people in Texas are not easily scared of a rifle.

According to some people in Texas it is saver put a bunch of kids in a room with a loaded gun then to put a bunch of kids in a room with a stack of Playboy/Penthouse or beer.

Those crazy texans ^_^

but seriously, LOL STEREOTYPES <_<

gotten isn't a word ;)

I got bored so I did that.

[muppet]

EDIT: Or is it a word we don't use in England?

It is a word, and we do use it in England.

My painted HK416:

Frozen_by_BenjH.jpg

My painted & stencilled M14:

The_Lady_Killer_I_by_BenjH.jpg

I love that stencil Angel!

Drew I am using Krylon OD, Krylon Khaki, Rustoleum Camo Brown, and Rustoleum Country Accents Nutmeg :blush:

crunchy, thanks. I am looking for a new RIS what is it that you have? do you recommend it? oh and no its the regular 14.5 inch m4 barrel but I have a phantom flash hider that makes it seem longer (to me anywya)

Edited by the roob

Gun and gear look fabulous Angel!!

Thanks. I got geared up for my photo at a mates request. Adding to his 'portfolio'.

The other is a friend of mine, shes not a fan of the M14 though, so it'll be MP5 or something next time ;) .

I love that stencil Angel!

Drew I am using Krylon OD, Krylon Khaki, Rustoleum Camo Brown, and Rustoleum Country Accents Nutmeg :blush:

crunchy, thanks. I am looking for a new RIS what is it that you have? do you recommend it? oh and no its the regular 14.5 inch m4 barrel but I have a phantom flash hider that makes it seem longer (to me anywya)

My RAS is the VFC/GB-Tech replica KAC FF RAS. It's pretty awesome. Really solid, the rails are to spec (an annoying feature of many cheaper rails), awesome finish, and has KAC trades. It's the same asthis one, except Evike was retarded and didn't send me my rail covers or vert grip.