hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Most people use a base coat of khaki and then make brown stripes.

Yes, I am pretty sure that this is how he did it.

I would ask him, but he's not all that active here on Arnie's.

-Vic

After a few days of reading it was time to make my first post, so here it is (gotta love a lame intro):

I posted this on a Belgian forum a few hours ago so I'll add these remarks: the scope & the trigger guard will be changed in the near future (after the internals).

I've used Krylon Olive Drab as the ground (very thin) and sprayed Khaki on top of it (also thin, but thicker than the Olive Drab). I've used a small amount of paint since I want to achieve a worn look as fast as possible while not skirming very often. This used look is (or rather was) the first milestone for the final look I had in mind (a rapid transaction from a desertlike field of operation to a woodland environment). But on the other forum this sort of talked me out of it, since they liked it already... and that set me thinking. But enough jibba jabba, here are the pics.

milestone1.png

PS: pics taken on the table where I painted it (this thing fits nowhere else at home) & the framing was done since I hadn't opened Photoshop in a while to create some form of doodles, so this had to come out.

Yes, I am pretty sure that this is how he did it.

I would ask him, but he's not all that active here on Arnie's.

-Vic

:P i dunno i got it painted :D i believe it started Khaki, then added the dark brown

:P i dunno i got it painted :D i believe it started Khaki, then added the dark brown

:D

Lol, I went back and look through your posts to find the origional owner. Sent him a PM before I bought it, took him about a week to respond.

-Vic

At home, with nothing to do. But with some paint sitting around, came up with this:

091230_111042.jpg

091230_111017.jpg

Inspiration:

091230_111133.jpg

Picture was taken off of my phone. Will get pictures from a real camera soon.

Edited by average