hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

I recently did this gun for FightingChook aka FC to match his tigerstripe uniform

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/30/202...ada3_resize.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/30/202...ada4_resize.jpg

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/30/202...ada2_resize.jpg

constructive criticism welcome

Absolutely amazing. Very spot on with the pattern.

Bluntshooter: Marvellous job! Only thing I could think to comment is the somewhat brightly colored mag. But it really doesn't do anything to hide the quality of the work. How did you get the camo so nicely painted?

I recently did this gun for FightingChook aka FC to match his tigerstripe uniform

-Awesome tigerstripe Masada-

constructive criticism welcome

This is incredible. Can I ask what colours of paints you used, and if there's a pattern to follow? I want to paint my facemask in tigerstripe. :)

I only have access to tamiya colours here in Hong Kong and I just used a set of truspec tigerstripe pants for a guide. Although I took some artistic liberty with the pattern to make it simpler to paint.

I first disassembled the gun and sprayed it using "olive green 2" tamiya spray. Then I used a No 1 tamiya brush for the black XF01, and then followed up with a No 0 brush for the light tan which I used a paint called "Buff" (I forget the paint code). The dark brown was "NATO Brown".

Finally I used a Tamiya No 000 brush to refine the edges and used flat clear to clear-coat it.

Hope this helps Forti,

A painted M3, my first painted airsoft. I thought it would be best to start off painting something cheap. The barrel is so short because I was sawing off the front sight (I didn't like it, and it's kind of useless) and I sawed into the barrel. With no putty or anything to fill that in with I just lopped off about an inch of barrel.

IMG_2924.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

I only have access to tamiya colours here in Hong Kong and I just used a set of truspec tigerstripe pants for a guide. Although I took some artistic liberty with the pattern to make it simpler to paint.

I first disassembled the gun and sprayed it using "olive green 2" tamiya spray. Then I used a No 1 tamiya brush for the black XF01, and then followed up with a No 0 brush for the light tan which I used a paint called "Buff" (I forget the paint code). The dark brown was "NATO Brown".

Finally I used a Tamiya No 000 brush to refine the edges and used flat clear to clear-coat it.

Hope this helps Forti,

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot :)