Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Krylon Camouflage colors and Rustoleum. I give it a base of Krylon Brown, then hit it with stripes of Krylon Khaki, then stripes of Krylon Olive, and then stripes of Rustoleum Flat Black, and finally dust the stripes with Krylon Olive again. It's a lot of paint but it all comes off easily (too easily, but I refuse to spray it with a clear coat - camouflage is camouflage and if it wears down too far I'll just respray it).

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

taken with a phone camera....looks about ten times better in person. the khaki areas are blended with light green, for a multicam effect. its my first effort, done for a customer. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Very nicely done. Tape and airbrush?

I've tried searching 0 butit was being iffy and not returning anything useful.

What paints are people using with airbrushes for RIF painting?

And where in the UK can I get them?

On a related note, I spent the afternoon stripping a horrid paintjob from an SR25.

Here are some pictures of work so far.

5126373798_a97f14675e.jpg

5125769183_7f4225f2c9.jpg

Anyone got tips on how to get paint of RIS quick?

-Sam

• 1 month later...

Portuguese laws *fruitcage* airsofters up the *albatross* by any chance...?

We are trying to change them but that will take a while. It isn't THAT bad in full sized rifles ( my M14 up there is painted according to portuguese law, but the silencer and the diy cheek rest covers it since we are "allowed" by our officers during the game ). But the required paint scheme reaaaaly blows on pistols :(

One of my M14's

Sorry about the quality of the pic but forgot to recharge the battery of damn thing and could only take one shot ^_^

Love thhat paint job, how did you do it?

Isd that bandage for covering one of those batteries that will not fit in the stocking meaning the gun is a clone?

had that problem with my CYMA socom , needs a bit of filing, or just to make it comfortable against your face.

Love thhat paint job, how did you do it?

Isd that bandage for covering one of those batteries that will not fit in the stocking meaning the gun is a clone?

had that problem with my CYMA socom , needs a bit of filing, or just to make it comfortable against your face.

Just sprayed with a base of krylon tan, then soaked other colours on different types of paper ( those kitchen absorbent thingies and toilet paper, yes toilet paper ) and smeared/pressed the paper into the gun. Using different base colors will make it more suitable to various terrains,

Tan base color, close up:

closeupbw.jpg

OD base color:

mg0004o.jpg

That's just a DIY/quick job cheek weld nothing more, no batteries here just pure GBBR awesomeness :P

Quick family shot :D

mg0006a.jpg

PS.

Sorry about the ###### poor photo quality but i took them indoors, with built-in flash for teh quickness of it!