hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

yeah pretty much the same as rvrstyxx posted. but instead of a light spray. i put on 1 decent coat, then used loads of thiners and a rag to rub the paint of. SIMPLEZ

DSC_0015.jpg

Edited by whitehead

Fellas,

I've been working on painting some furniture in a pattern similar to A-TACS with rattlecans and sponges. Here's a few different styles I've done; I'd appreciate feedback on what looks good and what needs work. They all came out a bit dark; heavy on the OD, but I do play a lot of CQB that's situated in a woodland area so it could be beneficial.

img4998ui.th.jpg

img5000v.th.jpg

img5002h.th.jpg

img5004v.th.jpg

I'm looking to paint the stock, but I want to experiment a bit more and see what I need for the right balance before I do something major. Also, the pain felt a bit gritty and rough due to the sponging...anyone know a fix? It is still curing, so I guess I can wait until morning to see.

EDIT:

Finished painting the whole thing. Tell me what you think.

img5013d.th.jpg

img5010d.th.jpg

img5009xr.th.jpg

img5007l.th.jpg

Sort of... now we can cover during the game... but some of us just change the bright parts.

Painted, now only when in transit between home and field... inside a case... :blink:

• Like 1

Leon kennedy, that is a good job with the sponging. The sponged pai t will look and feel raised. To remedy that I coat mine with a matte clear coat. It does not make it smooth, but is def makes it feel much bbetter and offers aan extra layer of protection. The sponging is indeed the best way to cheaply mimic atacs. Good job man.

Leon kennedy, that is a good job with the sponging. The sponged pai t will look and feel raised. To remedy that I coat mine with a matte clear coat. It does not make it smooth, but is def makes it feel much bbetter and offers aan extra layer of protection. The sponging is indeed the best way to cheaply mimic atacs. Good job man.

Thanks! I temporarily used some fine-grit sandpaper and brushed it down on the contact areas like the RVG and the stock. The paint didn't come off but the raised portion was ground down. Your suggestion sounds good though; it'd definitely make it hardier.

This thread needz moar Famas

famaspaint2.jpg

famaspaint1.jpg

Started painting before I realized that I had no more black krylon left . . . guess I'll let the wear take care of that! tongue.gif

• Like 2

The weapon itself isn't finished yet, but it's going to be a little while before I get the last couple of small bits in and I wanted pictures while the Krylon's fresh.

P1010932.jpg

P1010935.jpg