hugh_b

Painted Weapons Picture Thread

Cheers folks. Deffinatly the most artistic so far. Got quiet a few similar paint schemes on the bench at the moment. M4 to be painted in the Asimov colours, Mp7 in Counterstrike colours and hopefully an Ak and FAL to finish in Titanfall themes in a Militia v IMC look. Will post pics when they are done.

Im calling it "Zebra ate choc Chip and Vomited profusely"

Its my first ever paintjob as yoi can prob tell....dont worry: its a 30 kwid springer; no hi-end AK rifles were hurt in this process.

The mags are a Zebra choc chip tanker mag. Fakelite '74 mag, and a classic 47 with cat litter and lacquer.

post-99028-0-05088100-1428286074_thumb.jpg

post-99028-0-91093400-1428286097_thumb.jpg

Edited by JackofBlades2448

Im having a hard time on deciding whether I should paint my M4 with khaki & brown or khaki & med. brown. Anyone has any pics with both colors in it so I could get a reference on both colors?

Id say a light sand basecoat sprayed, with khaki's and browns for your pattern . Browns are great - theyre versatile as hell and mix very well. The important thing is: what terrain are you trying to emulate?

Im doing a g36 now. The base is light brown, khaki-dark i call it. I want it to look like its been dusted with sand, not painted, so i will crush up cat litter and chuck that on, then some sand, then spray it with sand paint through a filter (fine mesh sieve), then drybrush it. I did this on a mag and it does indeed look as intended.

dog green 1, that SL-8 is amazing. Really liking the battle-scarred futuristic look. I think a double drum mag would look especially nice on that (F.E.A.R. style!)

• Like 1

Jackofblades, no dry brushing on that particular piece. It has turned into a bit of a show piece. Was worried when the colours went on initially as they were very bright and in your face, however the weathering dulled them all down nicely.