Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if someone could help me source a colour: the one on the upper of the MP5 (more pictures here).

I know that the paint on the lower and the magazine is RAL 8000, but the custom shop that made these MP5 (or SP89or whatever) names it as Duracoat Pewter SL, but from what I can see on Duracoat's catalogue, that paint is grey-silver, not tan-gold.

Either way, Duracoat is stupidly expensive to get into Spain, so I am trying to source a regular spray can in a similar colour.

So far, Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Pure Gold seems to get the closest (see below, the pot on the left).

Any help in finding a closer colour (less shiny and more tan, I guess) would be greatly appreciated.

Wv8jx7rl.jpg

qZMI3S5.jpg

Edited by chas
  • Like 1
On 7/9/2019 at 10:11 AM, chas said:

I was wondering if someone could help me source a colour: the one on the upper of the MP5 (more pictures here).

I know that the paint on the lower and the magazine is RAL 8000, but the custom shop that made these MP5 (or SP89or whatever) names it as Duracoat Pewter SL, but from what I can see on Duracoat's catalogue, that paint is grey-silver, not tan-gold.

Either way, Duracoat is stupidly expensive to get into Spain, so I am trying to source a regular spray can in a similar colour.

So far, Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Pure Gold seems to get the closest (see below, the pot on the left).

Any help in finding a closer colour (less shiny and more tan, I guess) would be greatly appreciated.

Wv8jx7rl.jpg

qZMI3S5.jpg

That is an MP5k. PDW never had SEF lower (I believe) and SP89 never had a paddle mag release.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:11 AM, chas said:

I was wondering if someone could help me source a colour: the one on the upper of the MP5

Montana 94's Marrón Safari could be close.
https://www.montanacolors.com/productos/mtn-94/

If you click on the information on the colour, you'll get the CMYK, Hex and Pantone codes for it, so you can compare.

17 hours ago, Colin_The+Ferret said:

That is an MP5k. PDW never had SEF lower (I believe) and SP89 never had a paddle mag release.

Could even be an SP5K, that I've seen around. I don't know that much about guns. I just mentioned SP89 since that is the most common civilian MP5K-style pistol in the US.

5 hours ago, Wingmann said:

Montana 94's Marrón Safari could be close.
https://www.montanacolors.com/productos/mtn-94/

If you click on the information on the colour, you'll get the CMYK, Hex and Pantone codes for it, so you can compare.

Thanks for the tip, but I have that colour (I have most 94 colours that might be usable for camo) as it's not close.

This is some type of metallised tan, or dulled gold paint. 

I'll keep looking for suitable candidates.

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...