Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

When I first posted pictures of this rifle I was told the paint looked too clean and neat. That was because it was newly painted. Here it is about a month later:

th_IMG_1621.jpg

th_IMG_1619.jpg

th_IMG_1623.jpg

th_IMG_1632.jpg

I'm tempted to add another colour or two to it at the moment. One that I'm thinking of is a grey-green. The other would be a darker green, probably about the same tone as the brown. Except, well, green. But not sure. I quite like it as it is.

Somebody gave my sister a used A&K S-System, (yes, just gave it to her at a game..They bought it on the cheap, and didn't like the styling...and some guys are just stupid enough to give girls anything.) and I decided I'd see what might come of it with a twenty minute rattle can job.

I used Krylon, so I imagine I should slap a clear coat on, but I haven't really the time or interest. But it's definitely an improvement over the glossy plastic A&K use..

M4001.jpg

M4005.jpg

M4006.jpg

Cheers, They are painted by a team mate of mine, and he definantly has some skills in painting rifles. I will try and get some better pictures for you guys and post them up.

Getting more paint mileage, D? :D

Here is one of em in a natural field.

I really love how the paint has destroyed the outlines... better than souske's easily, IMO.

dsc07721fy9.th.jpg

there is a better picyure or two out there somewhere. :)

Thanks for the kind comments guys.

I started with a base of Khaki and some patches of dark brown, then i grabbed a bunch of small twigs and stenciled over the entire gun with Olive drab.

The black stripes were added randomly to break it up and anyone who says black doesnt appear in nature hasn't heard of shadows/shade. :)

The final coat was a very light dusting of Olive drab from about two and a half feet over the entire gun to dull all the colors down and soften any hard edges.

Number5, The box mag is a classic army 1200 round "nutsack" in US woodland.

My currently dessie bastardised HK51 (with internals out ready for another bit of paint). Apologies for the overexposed phone cam pic.

I have some OD krylon incoming - looking to use it in moderation to darken things down a little and make it sensible to use in the woods. Any suggestions on how to keep it tasteful?

EDIT: Marginally less over-exposed pic

post-8293-1217270654_thumb.jpg

Edited by scratch

It is quite light, I usually play in a place where that matches the rocks quite well, but I'm moving to woods. It's krylon sand dune and med brown atm.

Having seen No Trace's work, I'm gonna add some normal brown as well!

I'll probably try a homage to that thing with a lil OD in the mix!