Painted Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

VFC FAL

I think even if I came over to your shop and took a dump in your paint cans you'd still make the stuff look awesome... damn you man! 😛  That blue Glock is on FIRE!  

That was not meant to be interpreted as you make turds look good or your stuff looks like sh*t but me trying to say, you are too good at what you do 😛 

Posted Images

Hello, I'm just writing to get some quick advice. I'm about to paint my M4, I have an Aimpoint and wanted to know if I need to mask off anything in particular, or just close up the lens covers and go at it. Any experience with this?

When painting guns I tend to take out the internals, then reassemble. Any parts you don't want painting need to be covered with either masking tape or blu-tac. I suggest you use blu-tac for the likes of sight lenses/glass and any small details/controls. Once dry remove all the tape and tac, throw the guts back in and you're good to go.

"When painting guns I tend to take out the internals,"

Well well over the top!!!!

Firstly grab some kitchen roll and stuff two sheets up your mag well

Next grab some news paper make a cone and stick it in your barrel.

Next grab mar-skin tape and tape up any lenses or trades or anything you dont want paint to be on

Next Spray be slow with this and use a dusting technique, a base coat is good then using netting

or other similar things to add texture and LAYERS!

Early example of texture,,

9A3F2747.jpg

Real steel

SEALguncase.jpg

main thing just have fun!!!!

Edited by capa
hey, what kind of paint and colour did you use for this? looks bad *albatross*!

Just a mixture of Khaki, OD, and brown all together. Krylon was the brand used. Fun thing was that I took all the cans together and just went nuts on the gun. A dash of OD, then a dash of brown, and top it with khaki. It was fun to paint this one. :D

Edited by average

Ok, here is my first paint job, let me know what you think. I'll take any and all criticism. My M4 paintjob, was inspired by Drake's M4, which is posted on an earlier page. I decided to go with a slightly darker brown, because it is a more dominant color where I play.

DSC04490.jpg

The paint has a much more flat finish than the photo shows, the flash on my crappy sony cybershot was just too bright.

It looks like a zebra, try making the stripes go in a more random pattern. You can use 2 papers to make the stripes abit thinner too. Otherwise its ok.

I agree, I felt like it might be a little too "stripey" (not a real word). In reality the over spray between colors blends it way better that my crappy camera can show.

Do you think if I added a 3rd color, perhaps a darker brown, in thinner stripes using the "2 paper method" you mentioned and going in a more sporadic pattern it may improve things somewhat?

A little shiny but it looks good for a first time. Try blending the brown a little more.

I really wish I had a better camera. It doesn't bring out the blending of the brown and there is no real shine to it unless you are blasting a flash at it. I do think I might hit it with a coat of clear flat.

Gator yeah it should work. I usually start with the lightest color, then move to darker. I can show my M14 to clarify the idea.

Ibiza08isn006.jpg

The base color is tan, then light brown and last dark brown. I used a 4-5 mm thick rope for the light brown IIRC, just laid it like spaghetti on the weapon. And remember, keep your distance, so the paint wont overflow or become to dark.

Gator yeah it should work. I usually start with the lightest color, then move to darker. I can show my M14 to clarify the idea.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u335/pe...iza08isn006.jpg

The base color is tan, then light brown and last dark brown. I used a 4-5 mm thick rope for the light brown IIRC, just laid it like spaghetti on the weapon. And remember, keep your distance, so the paint wont overflow or become to dark.

reminds me of this one i saw on militaryphotos.

M1AoutsideRH-576.jpg

Edited by Fellowz
Ok, here is my first paint job, let me know what you think. I'll take any and all criticism. My M4 paintjob, was inspired by Drake's M4, which is posted on an earlier page. I decided to go with a slightly darker brown, because it is a more dominant color where I play.

The paint has a much more flat finish than the photo shows, the flash on my crappy sony cybershot was just too bright.

Paint looks okay to me, but your gun needs a gas tube.

DSC04490.jpg

So I know we arent supposed to quote photos, but I added a third color in more of a random pattern as suggested by Bloodsword, and while it is no where near as good as his, i think it is an improvement. Again, my crappy camera does not capture the true image. The edges on the addd color are not as sharp as it looks.

DSC04541.jpg

Edited by Gator_Pharmer
I agree, but it didn't come with one. Any place to pick up one?

I made gas tubes using solid plastic tubing (plastruct), available at most hobby shops. I painted them silver and then bend them to fit. You could also probably make one out of aluminum tubing, I haven't tried that.

The Marui M733 and most G&P front kits come with gas tubes, these can be found sold secondhand.

You can also buy gas tubes from makers like King Arms.

Last, but not least, a real steel gas tube is not too expensive either. In any case, you will have to figure out a way to mount it to your gas block and run it up into (or through, if you have a real-steel style) slipring assembly.

It's some work, but one of the things we strive for in Airsoft is realism; I say it's worth it.