WWII Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been doing "all metal" builds since I made my Krag. Receiver was just modified: ejection port enlarged, stripper clip guide cut out, all with an angle grinder and dremel. Barrel bands are aluminum: cut out sheets, bent and brazed together. It's not all metal though hence the quotation marks like for example the trigger guard. The outer and inner surfaces of the trigger guard are flat sheets brazed to the bottom metal but the space in between is filled with marine epoxy. The bolt handle is fiberglass and marine epoxy with a steel bolt running through it.

• 4 weeks later...

The way you basically scratch build these guns is amazing , the work you do is possibly the best I’ve ever seen in Airsoft but I do have to ask why do you use hex bolts on them and not a more period correct bolt or screw even just for the visible ones ? 

4 hours ago, renegadecow said:

The hardware I buy from only has hex or phillips. Been meaning to buy a whole bunch of slotted screws for vintage builds but keep forgetting. 

Thought it’ll be something like that ! Couldn’t believe the quality of your builds you’d let something like the screws let it down ! 👍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@wolfgeorge

I can't tell you really how my personal rifle shoots as I haven't really got the chance to properly shoot her. However I visited the Shoei factory in May of this year (on shoei's facebook page they posted a little video of that visit) and got to shoot it as much as I wanted there. From what I have experienced during my visit I can say that the rifle shoots beautifully and that the specified range of 50+ meters should hold.  

The new gas system is pretty nice (but users should defininetly read the manual first), although, even though air is technically still a gas, I wouldn't want to call it a gas system due to the fact that it doesn't use gas as we airsofters are used to. You litterally charge the magazine with air with a handpump (american style valve) up to around 10 bar and then you can shoot the rifle 10 times. Although during my visit Shoei explained and showed to me that it is relatively easy to attach an hpa line to the rifle. The reason they didn't make this a standard feature is that apparantley many customers asked for it not to be a rifle with a line attached to it so they opted for the airsystem they have developed now. Even thought the rifle is pretty heavy at a little over 4100 grams unloaded (magazines are 560 grams) the recoil is still definitely there although for me personnally the most satisfying thing is seeing that bolt move towards my face everytime I pull the trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...