WWII Weapons Picture Thread

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The cleaner, you could do with changing your post.... Schmeisser's name was on the Mp40's mags, but Was not remotely involved in the making of the weapon or design. the Nickname was falsely atrubuted by Gi's when they captured the weapons seeing the name stamped on the mag...

Edited by Pozzie
The cleaner, you could do with changing your post.... Schmeisser's name was on the Mp40's mags, but Was not remotely involved in the making of the weapon or design. the Nickname was falsely atrubuted by Gi's when they captured the weapons seeing the name stamped on the mag...

noted

noted. . .thanks for the history lesson. .

my Asahi MP40 box says "Schmeisser" all over it.. .

That was it's nickname given to it by American infantrymen. The mags said "Schmeisser" on it and some Staff NCO probably made the incorrect connection between the MP18 and MP40, so that's what it was called.

yeah your both right, they are both slightly off scale but that had to be done to get the m14 gearbox in there.if you have seen the shoei receiver you will know that it is just not possible to get any gearbox in there. the trigger is missing as i am rewiring it as the wire i originally used is too fat and causing fouling.

jay

I know a guy putting a gearbox in a Shoei FG42. All the dimensions will stay the same. I think he is putting it in the stock.

that's crazy. .FG42 is a semi-auto only. . unless your buddy disables full auto in the mechbox. . .FGs only had 10-20 rnd box mags too. . .be weird to have it full auto. .that's like a full auto Barrett. .

I know a guy putting a gearbox in a Shoei FG42. All the dimensions will stay the same. I think he is putting it in the stock.

It's probably just me, but you can come off pretty confrontational sometimes MARS, just an observation for what it's worth-

Jay is also a member of the WW2AA forums and knows full well that Schmitty is working on a Shoei conversion- They've discussed it at length. Perhaps you haven't been following the thread on WW2AA.

Slainte!