WWII Weapons Picture Thread

Sorry to sound harsh, that was not my intention. Thank you for the reality check. I actually am not registered on the WW2AA boards so I have not seen this evolve, and I am not saying that FG42 is ######, it's quite amazing in fact. I just wanted to let people know their not alone!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I just finished sexificating my M1911 clone. Here's some pics - I'll try and get better ones tomorrow when the sun is up.

done.jpg

done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

It's hard to see, but I've done it in Gunmetal to make it look, well, metal, and the controls are in matte black. It's got a very subtle two-tone effect going on that works really well. You can't tell it's not metal till you pick it up. :D

• 4 weeks later...
Nope, FG42 was semi and full auto, it just wasn't very practical on full auto ;) But yes, quite why the Luftwaffer command insisted on a 7.92x57mm select fire weapon with a maximum capasity of 20 rounds is anyone's guess...

Makes about as much sense as making a full auto only rifle that fires .30-06 and uses 20 round mags...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a friend who does costom work building this for me, this it as its coming along...

The initial mockup.

mock-up1.jpg

The muzzle brake fresh off the lathe

flash-hider-002.jpg

note that the cocking handle, dust cover, grip frame, and rear sight are all real steel parts!

mg42-mock-up.jpg

The grips and stock are being made out of cherry wood, it will have a side mounted electric drum magazine, the charging handle moves, and the barrel is going to be removeable on the side somewhat like the real steel.

He is debating to put these into a limited production so if you think this might be something your interested in send me a pm, otherwise comment and be prepared for more pictures as he informed me it will be done in about a week!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...