WWII Weapons Picture Thread

Well let's kick start this thread again... :D

From this...

MP44Original1a.png

to This:

MP44Battleworn8_med.png

Still a bit of a work in progress, I'm not happy at all with the 'wooden' grips yet, still need to get the shade right for those. I also went for more of the 'late war, hodgepodge' effect in finishes.

Slainte!

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"2ndbat" on WW2AA makes custom Garands.

Slowly but surely, we-re getting gats that aren't based on "Movie Hero Guns".

Somebody out there has money for an airsoft Martini-Henry. Dreyse Needleguns, Chassepots too.

Hell, AGM could take their old MP 40's and put the guts into Chauchats- they'd be nice and faulty, just like the real-steel!

What I'm working on:

t3_gun_drum_mag_0012.jpg

Arnold's 1919 Hip-fire from T3.

added a sand and extra coat of stain to the stock- It's not a red as the picture makes it appear.

The look I am going for on this one in a late war weapon thrown together with whatever parts were available that day. A blued trigger group, a stock replaced from another rifle and a unfinished steel receiver that has seen it share of use, gun grease and the elements.

MP44Battleworn10a_med.png

Slainte and Happy St. Patty's day!

lol, thanks, I'm flatttered :blush: I actually have a bunch of work out on Flickr now, just not any Airsoft. My good Airsoft gallery is out on PBase, just look up alvarezimaging, then go to 'all galleries'

I do have most of the guns out on the Facebooks, but not under my super-hero identity of course... ;)

Slainte! It's St. Patty's Day!

thought this should go in here since there is no WWI thread.

My Lee Enfield No.1 MKIII, based on a BAR10 action.

LeeEnfield001.jpg

LeeEnfield002.jpg

Would have got a few pictures with the bayonet attached but my camera promptly died :(

Still needs about 2 more coats of varnish to make sure its nice and tough, but it shoots like a dream and is quite unique :)

comments welcome!

Joe

thought this should go in here since there is no WWI thread.

My Lee Enfield No.1 MKIII, based on a BAR10 action.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lo...eEnfield001.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q317/lo...eEnfield002.jpg

Would have got a few pictures with the bayonet attached but my camera promptly died :(

Still needs about 2 more coats of varnish to make sure its nice and tough, but it shoots like a dream and is quite unique :)

comments welcome!

Joe

Holy f**king win, Batman!

Any chance of a How-to?

WW2AA

I copied this guys guide to do it, only mine is a little rougher due to my limited access to power tools.

I didn't take pics while I was doing it unfortunately, and a lot of it was trial and error on my part, but Tommygunner's pics over at that link should prove very useful, they helped me no end :)

future developments for this will include the acquisition of a suitable looking scope and a chopped down rail system to give the impression of a WW1 snipers weapon, or a Australian Lithgow No.1 MkIII sniper.

glad you like it DL :)

99.9% done with my DBoyi K98k Gas weathering :)

K98k2_med.png

K98k3_med.png

I wanted to try some of the various 'Cold Bluing' solutions, but when I started to polish the receiver with a polishing disk on my Dremel, I foundthat DBoyis is hiding a beautiful blued paint finish under the matte black all you have to do is use a bit of polishing to find it.

K98kCloseup2_med.png

K98kCloseup1_med.png

And a group shot.... :P

AxisandAllied2a_med.png

Slainte!

Edited by Guinness

Very possible AGM MG42 and PPSH!

There is also a very distinct possibility that another version will be available very soon (approx 3-4 months) which will be at least £100 cheaper. We asked AGM last May to make it for us but all the Olympics security issues caused a lot of problems for the Chinasoft industry and the delays and mould seizures put a stop to that for now. AGM's MG42 was supposed to be released last December! Which is their next one BTW.......then the PPSh-41 smile.gif

Cheers

Steve M

Airsoft World Ltd.

How's the performance of that gas dboy's KAR98K, Guinness?

Lovely photos as always.

Still waiting on a propane adapter- bought the one from RSOV and it doesn't fit the green Coleman propane cans :(

....Shoulda just got the AEX one, there's a $30 dollar lesson lol

Anyway, I love the gun, I have shot it a few times when it was bone stock, I think the gas versions using propane may shoot a bit hot so now I am anxious to make sure I didn't gunk her up with wood stain and metal shavings lol. I have been unable to get the danged recoil lug out of the stock- which is a PITA because it causes a ridge ring around the two sides in the finish, and it makes it hard to make sure the gun is clean.

• 2 weeks later...