Problems for the modern Ninja.

WhutJP

I'm looking for a new project and im having trouble deciding.

I want to do a pistol project, something stylish with Asian tint to it.

Also want it to be an asassins gun, think hitman in asia, or a modern ninja.

What would a modern ninja use?

some ideas going through my head are a silenced G18c, all black except maybe some small Kanji characters on the grip (or slide)

a black silenced 1911 (custom grips with some Kanji characters on them)

or maybe something unsubtle but none the less cool - a black DE with certain parts (like the safety, slide catch, sights etc) done in gold with some gold Kanji

characters on the grip.

as for what characters, perhaps

忍者 = Ninja

or = Katana

or maybe = Win.

or maybe 私は勝利です = I am win. (for those that read japanese yes i know this is a grammatically incorrect sentence, thats the point. )

Anyways, suggestions welcome, help a ninja out...

(and for the love of airsoft don't anybody mention pirates.)

That Desert Eagle project you're referring to reminds me of a Russian henchman's gun in the movie The Boondock Saints. Right under the barrel, on the frame of the gun, he had a golden sickle and hammer symbol, in addition to most of the weapon controls being golden as well (if my memory serves me correctly). I think that'd make a great project gun, just replace the sickle and hammer with your gold Kanji.

Or, you could do a 1911 variant or two. It'd look very John Woo-ish.

This -really- depends on your definition of 'ninja'...

a( Popular culture ninjas of the heroic variety with named swords (ex. Kill bill Hanzo): I'd say anything up-market goes. No frills, but still -nice- stuff.

B) Popular culture ninja of the mor mass-produced variety. Still nice stuff, but of more mass-produced variety. Ie, selected Beretta and H&K stuff in matte black.

c) Martial-arts 'historical' ninjas: Mass-produced, cheap, dispensable.

A ninja would probably use something more discrete than a katana, wakizashi. and maybe a ruger mk1 with integral suppressor.

Maybe an mp5sd6?

Still carrying a sword is probably a bad idea.

this man knows what he is talking about!! supposedly hitmen or what not carry ruger mk1's because they are cheap and easy to replace after a hit has been done. Its effective and cheap.

BUT

since this is airsoft I would choose something a bit more stylish. I always loved the 1911 and I think it would be badass if you got a black 1911 with dragons engraved in the wood. That would be oozing asianess if that is a word at all.

Mr. Sam Fisher, whose role is pretty similar to that of a "Ninja with guns", uses a suppressed FN Five-Seven. Whenever I have a try at impersonating him in airsoft, I use my trusty TM MK23. That and several rubber training knives (or should I say tantos?) :D

EDIT: On second thought I'll add a custom Stubby Killer with Kanji and some Kuji Kiri wording instead of the markings... I'll try to Photoshop it!

Forget the DE. Unless you're pretending to be somebody who assasinates bears keave the DE for the movies.

It's a great gun for airsoft but no real combatant would choose to use a gun with a 7 round mag.

Ruger Mk1?

Hmm, maybe.

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth, my only experience with assasins has been with the IRA and they always use revolvers because they don't drop shell-cases which can be used for forensics.

Course, revolvers aren't cool like a DE with Kanji symbols engraved in it would be and that's an important thing. :rolleyes:

If it was me I'd spend more time researching a gun that is correct for the job and less time worrying about what to etch on the side of it.

For airsoft, your only two options, if you plan to do the job properly, will be the Maruzen P99 NBB and the TM Mk23. Anything else is all show and no go.

I wish somebody'd bring out an NBB Five-seveN. That'd be a great toy. :D

Those who really know how to conduct a murder leave the gun right at the murder scene. Thus, of course, they can't be caught with the gun on them while escaping. A gun is a tool that can be replaced.

If you want to display a more dramatic kind of killer though, that customizing thing is perfectly fine. I know that airsoft is all about drama, but I'm just saying, as other people replied on how to effectively kill someone ;)

Anything that fires a .45 in the real world, since the .45 is subsonic, the suppressor would actually work properly.

1911's, para-ord's, usp's, or glocks. though usp's are really expensive normally (real steel not airsoft)

Exactly.

Err hitman and ninja are really two variants of the same job. I can't really help on the ninja aspect but...

As a hitman you want something small, compact and quiet.

The Ruger Mk1 Assassin model is ideal for a hitman going after unsuspecting/non-alert targets. It's a .22 calibre with integrated silencer so it's ultra-quiet. Of course as a hitman you'll 'dispatch' your target at close range so the lack of stopping power isn't much of an issue. The MK1 has a bolt rather than a slide so you can push the muzzle up against your target without rendering the gun temporarily inoperable. After shooting your 2 or 3 rounds you'd then police the brass (pick up the spent shells).

.45's are good because they pack a punch but really you'd use one when the situation you're entering is rather unknown or you're up against armoured targets - two .45s in a kevlar vest won't kill but will put your target down long enough for you to put another in the head. As for using a 5-7 well sure but really you want something common. Whatever you want, you want a silencer on the gun and sub-sonic ammunition.

Ummm right ok this is getting disturbing...

Now as none of us are hitmen: For airsoft the Marushin Ruger Mk1 isn't bad but it's not great either, the heavy trigger pull makes for hard shooting. The 5-7's currently out are apparently awful. The TM SOCOM MK23 is ultra-massive with quite a heavy trigger pull (though you can pre-cock it for that first shot). The P99 NBB is actually quieter (with it's silencer on), friendlier to fire/use and a fraction the size of the MK23.

P.S. Oh Rifles are for when you can't get to your target by any other means. If you think you need SMGs mean you're approach is all wrong ;)

Bleh. Silent ninjas are so commonplace. Be different, be unique!

I say sport Elizabethan era style knight armor and a Zweihander.

PWN'T. :P

I got to thinking, since this is airsoft, and you're going to want to make it a decent skirmish weapon, what about a Beretta M93R (or two). High capacity, unique look, and imagine the customization options...

wow thanks for all the replies...

For me airsoft is not so much about practicality or milsim as it is about style, and the kind of things youd see in a rediculous action movie, so the look of the gun takes precedence over performance. So that rules out NBBs and springers, they just arent cool enough.

the ruger mk1s are cool but theres not so much custom parts available, then again perhaps a gun with little or no after market parts would make for a far more challenging project.

2011 could be cool, as with the infinity. and a 1911 would be much easier to source parts for of course...

and yeah the p99 is stylish but i really want a blowback

the glock 17 could be cool.. maybe even a two tone one.

for sure whatever it is has to be silenced.. unless its the Deagle.. and there is something appealing about a rediculous deagle. I might just to that one anyway just for a laugh, shouldnt cost too much.

5-7 would be neat, but theres probably not much after market pieces for it are there? but then.. that could be the challenge.. is it blowback? who makes it?

that beretta m93r might be an idea too.. sigh so many choices.

I think my friends would cry IMBA! if i used a Zweihander and wore armour. Also, a sword would have some of the same problems in an airsoft match that a real gun would; youd only really get to play one game and it probably wouldnt be much fun.

anyways thanks again for all the input everyone

Modern Ninja?

Well a flat black gun with no markings or characters that would affiliate you to any organisation.

As for the actual gun itself I think the DE is really not the best gun for an Asian themed loadout, look at Japanese culture everything is honed and minimalistic....a DE is everything but.

You also want something that looks like it's designed to kill but also elegant.

I would say that a modern 'commando' ninja would be most likely to use an MP5SD of some variety or MP5K-PDW (assuming government/corporate ninja) or a MAC-10 with sound supressor (assuming 'yakuza'/criminal ninja) and, fitting with the minimalistic, honed, elegant bit, a Beretta 92/96/90-Two or SiG-Sauer P226. You could even get simple, matte black grips for the sidearm with a simple character engraved on it, meaningless to those who are not the weapon's owner. A simple, rugged utility/combat knife and a civilian-legal folding knife would round out the kit. Clothing would be simple, utilitarian, and civilian, but drab enough to not hinder concealment. Everything carried by the 'ninja' that could get him/her in trouble with the law if caught with it would have to be capable of being dumped in thirty seconds or less, and be easily concealable when being transported.

If it were a 'spy' ninja, drop everything but the folding knife, maybe add a PPK, tip-barrel Beretta, SiG-Sauer P232, or similar pistol in .380 Auto/9mm Kurz or smaller caliber, with a sound suppressor. If you're operating as a team, the biggest guy can take a 1911 in lieu of the pocket pistols. As with the 'commando', every should be easily concealed and capable of being disposed of in thirty ticks or less. Clothing should, of course, be simple, utilitarian, and civilian.

Finally, for the 'guerrilla' ninja, do as for the 'commando' but add armor.

I think my friends would cry IMBA! if i used a Zweihander and wore armour. Also, a sword would have some of the same problems in an airsoft match that a real gun would; youd only really get to play one game and it probably wouldnt be much fun.

One game? Not if my car hood stabbing, meat slashing sword has anything to say about it.

Archived