Glock Picture Thread

Vicious, and other glock fans.

I have been changing the make up of my collection recently and getting rid of a lot of stock and low quality guns and upgranding my faves.

I sold a Marui G18C, a 23F and a 26C (both plastic) a while ago and since then I have been with out a Glock.

I have an SD KSC MK23, two SD Detonics Combat masters, a Prime Tanaka MKIII, A Prime P226, a Prime M4013 and I am working on a Hybrid Marui metal 1911 thing.

I've got a VP70 coming too that I'm going to metal up.

So you see I am moving in the "premium" direction, Until today I was trying to decide whether to get an M92 or a Glock.

I want a Glock.

What I need is a suggetion of some parts, a base gun etc. to build a realistic Glock (21 would be nice, Airsoft Surgeon has released a Marui G21 slide).

It needs to look realistic, have good reliablility, accept RS parts like sights etc. and shoot hard and straight.

So, what do you think? Marui? KSC/KWA? Other? What parts do I need? Is a replacement frame necessary (and if so does anyone do the straight, non-railed one)?

Help me out O mighty Glock fans and I will reward you (in a while) with pictures of the beast.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

There will be a lot of debate over whether a KSC/KWA or a TM Glock will be your best base. In the end it really comes down to personal preference since both guns have their strong points. I like the TM G17's because with the great TM hop-up they will easily out range a KSC/KWA. However, if all yu want is raw power the KSC/KWA is probably a better base. The other storng point of the TM is that it is easier to set the gun up with full trades (you have to find a classic KSC otherwise).

As far as the G21 slide goes, I'm not sure that it is very realistic. If I recall correctly the 21 had it's frame and slide sizes increased from the G17 base so that it could hold a double stack of .45 ACP. This would mean that the markings would be right but the dimensions would be way off.

he's right about the glock 21 being pretty fat. if you've ever held one at a range or in a store, you'll instantly realize how fricken beefy the mofo is.

it feels like you're holding a hicapa, not a glock.

also, my 2 cents says go with the TM. if you don't mind having just another 17, then the TM is an excelent base and you can get away cheap. it also outperforms the KSC if you're an outdoor skirmisher anyday (except really hot days).

Thanks everyone, I got a nice essay over pm from RSP1 too, thanks.

Good call on the 21, I think that is the way to go, the Marui G17 slide is reportedly just a little but too big and fits in a 21/22 holster so the dimensions might be closer to the 21 anyway.

I will probably go for a Marui, I have a KSC MK23 and although it is a beast (as 380 kit fitted) the hop is just awful.

I will chuck a Guarder frame on (not much point buying the gun in the first place eh?) and stick some choice upgrades in it.

I'll have to wait until my 1911 Coltonics is done and I am toying with the idea of metalising my VP70.

Then it will be all about the glock, I think I will spend a bit of time modding the slide so I can use RS tritium sights on the glock.

Thanks guys...

WARNING!

Glock purists (is there a such thing?) look away from the screen

BEHOLD.........THE SUPERGLOCK!!

P1010012.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010010-1.jpg

:D Conjoined Cyma CM.030s powered by a 7.4v 1250mah LiPo through a mosfet triggered by the rear Glock's trigger switch.

30rps!! (15rps per Glock)

In progress pics

P1040003.jpg

P1010007-1.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1040011.jpg

That is certainly the most unique Glock-esq creation I have seen in a while.

Are you planning to use it for CQB? It would be fun to hear more about what inspired you to build such a thing.

I definitely plan on using it. I just gotta perfect the double mag changing.

I came up with the idea for it midway through my Kriss project. It sorta resembles a mini Kriss, but with twice the firepower :D

P1010067.jpg

P1010070.jpg

My Glock 17, and my KWA Glock 17.

Just recieved the KWA today. Attempted to remove the orange paint(as this is legal in my state), and NOTHING worked. If it removed orange paint, it removed black finish too. I decided to paint over it, and it looked like ######. I figured I could live with it. Then I put it in my holster, and the black paint wore off, revealing the orange paint underneath(as seen on the top of the glock). I got a Glock34 a while back, and bought a metal slide for it recently(purchased from WGC, $94 USD). I attempted to put it on, and it refuses to cycle. Anyone have any idea what can cause this? This leads to my second question, what Glock17 slide would you guys recommend for my KWA(one that won't result in it not cycling!)? I was looking at the PGC, as it is relatively inexpensive(around 60 or 70 bucks), but I know nothing about it, or any other slide for that matter.

Just recieved the KWA today. Attempted to remove the orange paint(as this is legal in my state), and NOTHING worked. If it removed orange paint, it removed black finish too. I decided to paint over it, and it looked like ######. I figured I could live with it. Then I put it in my holster, and the black paint wore off, revealing the orange paint underneath(as seen on the top of the glock). I got a Glock34 a while back, and bought a metal slide for it recently(purchased from WGC, $94 USD). I attempted to put it on, and it refuses to cycle. Anyone have any idea what can cause this? This leads to my second question, what Glock17 slide would you guys recommend for my KWA(one that won't result in it not cycling!)? I was looking at the PGC, as it is relatively inexpensive(around 60 or 70 bucks), but I know nothing about it, or any other slide for that matter.

The orange paint is quite a nuisance to remove. Hence all the pictures of sanded or "polished" looking slides. So far, I don’t think anyone has been able to successfully remove it <_<. Most have just resorted to sanding and repainting, or buying a new slide...

As far as the G34 slide, do you know what make it is? do you have a link?

The G17 slides have a couple of different options; The PGC one you are referring to is for the Tokyo Marui G17. It wont fit your KWA G17.

Good/easy fitment, finish is to be desired

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=580

Decent fitment, finish is good, trademark stampings are a little off, but this is your cheapest option.

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=7559

Nice fit and finish, Trademarks are spot on. My favorite slide...

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=1609

Finish is nice, the fitment can be a bit tricky. No ability to change the sights, you have to use what they supply you.

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_details.jsp?pid=9175

My nearly finished Glock 18c!

dsc00201fy4.jpg

dsc00203fb8.jpg

Currently waiting on a couple of parts and as usual the gun isn't working properly. The Pro-arms frame is ###### quite frankly, the mag sits lower in the grip hence when you pull the trigger it vents all the gas at once. The fit with the slide (plastic or metal) is poor. There was also no hole in the grip for the magazine release rod (anyone know where I can get a replacement as I've trimmed this one too short). Yes it's got no front site, the old one refused to be removed from the plastic slide so a new one is on order.

Fitted the Cobra slide today but now the selector switch wont move from the safe position <_<

...It's not a bad looking paper weight however.

Edited by Grumman

Sucks to hear about the Pro-Arms Frame. I've fitted 3 so far, and each has had problems in different spots. The biggest annoyance being the mag catch rod. The hole was there on all 3 frames, just undersized and hard to see. I used a manual precision hand drill to widen the hole, but I definitely messed up on the first frame I had by making the hole too big. Had to fill it in and re-do it...

Another frame needed the magazine well sanded in order for the mag to slide in and out smoothly, and a different frame needed the actual cutout for the mag catch to be filed...

The slide looks great though.

Thanks for the help ViciousV10s. Removed the blowback mech from the slide, fiddled, replaced and got it working, replaced slide on frame. But now the slide doesn't move at all.

I've ordered another Pro arms frame which I'll either replace the current one with or sell on. Junior, what did you use to fill in the hole you had made in the mag well?

I just got this TM Glock 26 in from hkssr20det. I haven't been able to shoot it very long but I already love it. It looks and feels amazingly realistic and the steel slide and PDI piston head give it a tidy kick for such a small gun. I knew that G26's were small but in person the gun is downright tiny. I can totally understand why it is so great for concealed carry use. I still want to do a few more things to it, fiber optic sights and an RS ClipDraw come to mind off the top of my head.

The only odd thing about the gun so far is that while it takes G17 mags they seem to not want to feed properly. If anyone else has worked with this I'd be interested to hear any suggestions.

Once I have a chance to spend a bit more time with this gun I'll do a better write up but I have to say that it is already one of my favorite pieces in my collection.

babyglock5ll8.jpg

babyglock4vb4.jpg

babyglock3ci3.jpg

babyglock2qb4.jpg

babyglock1ob1.jpg

Bits:

TM Glock 26

Guarder Steel Slide

Guarder Steel Outer Barrel (Bead Blasted)

Guarder Recoil Springs

PDI Piston Head

SD 'Glock" Magazine Base Plate

Nine Ball 6.03mm Tight Bore

Nine Ball Air Seal

KM TN Hi Flow Valve

FireFly Recoil Guide Rod w/ Bearings

Looks good Romulus. I've often considered chopping my frame down to G26 length mags, for the irony with G34 slide, but it'll have to wait until I stop being stingy and buy a Guarder frame.

rspglock1.jpg

rspglock2.jpg

rspglock7.jpg

rspglock6.jpg

Edited by RSP1