Glock Picture Thread

SD rocket valve makes very little difference for the money. I don't think its worth the cost for 2 to 4fps boost.

The Stock rocket valve actually gives you the most power (and the most consistent shot to shot FPS). The reason why I always swap mine out is because of the durability issue. The stock plastic one breaks way too easily...

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

Really? That's interesting. I have Glock 26, 19 and 34 but never had mine broken out. Couple of my teammates also have 19 and theirs are also fine. hm.... Perhaps more prone to full auto models?

It depends on how much you shoot your gun, the modifications done to your gun, and the conditions in which they are used (ie high heat environments).

People like Junior and I mod our KSC Glocks to maximum output potential, making them more prone to failure.

I've blown apart a handful of stock floating valves and have blown the tips clean off of SD floating valves as well.

I have PDI 6.01 in my KSC Glock34. FPS jumped to 380fps. Overall grouping jumped from around 2inches at 10m to 1inch, major shots landing around 2/3 grouping.

SD rocket valve makes very little difference for the money. I don't think its worth the cost for 2 to 4fps boost.

Hi-flow valve would boost overall speed of blowback and fps but you can easily modify existing valve to hi-flow. and it's free. ;)

Stronger hammer spring would help overall consistancy. The stock hammer spring in my KSC Glock 34 is a wee bit weak for greengas/propane. When the mag is full of gas, the first shot is kinda weak, then quickly catches up and works normal, as the pressure gets lower in the magazine.

Nineball is ######. I hate their barrels. You do get boost in fps but absoultely no benefit on accuracy for the price you pay. PDI 6.01mm is much more worthwhile in my exprience.

Sounds like more of an FPS jump then I want. It is good to know that it has a positive effect on the accuracy but I have never expected too much from KSC Glocks in that dept since they can't cut it at range anyway.

I would be interested to hear more about your view on 9Ball barrels. RSP recently did some in depth testing comparing a 9Ball 6.03 to a PDI 6.01. The results of his test was that the 9Ball was actually more accurate than the PDI. I used a 9Ball 6.03 in my Hi-Capa for a while and found that it shot very consistently (a big improvement over stock). I normally go with PDI 6.01's because of the power boost but since I'm not after power in this case I thought that the 9Ball might be the more accurate barrel (and worth testing since it is half the price). What specific experiences have you had with 9Ball?

The Stock rocket valve actually gives you the most power (and the most consistent shot to shot FPS). The reason why I always swap mine out is because of the durability issue. The stock plastic one breaks way too easily...

I am only running the SD valve because I already have it installed. I did blow a stock rocket valve out of one of my KSC Glock 17's though so, like Junior and Vicious, like to upgrade that part in advance.

If price was no object would the AS or SD rocket valve setup be better?

If price was no object would the AS or SD rocket valve setup be better?

I like to run with the SD Rocket valve/Proud Plug spring combo. I don't really care for the AS plug spring that much. I never got a chance to really test it fully, but the spring seemed WAY too stiff.

Edited by junior

Nice Glocks Si3n4! Can't argue with twin 18Cs!

Speaking of 18Cs, I recently aquired a pristine old school KSC Glock 18C, minty fresh condition. Decided to do some ROF testing as I borrowed my brothers Madbull Chrono.

First, Id like to comment on the PDI piston head. When I received the gun it already had the PDI piston installed. Now, Ive been in the KSC Glock game for many years and never had the chance to get my hands on the PDI piston as it was discontinued right before I began upgrading my first batch of KWA/KSC Glocks. It's THE only upgraded I didn't get my hands on. So, I was way more than happy with the surprise of this being installed on this 18C.

The PDI piston does wonders for power consistency and gas consuption. The perfect seal it creates in the loading nozzle hardly lets any gas slip by at all.

I did a bunch of ROF testing with different upgrades and setups. My results for the highest achievable ROF are as follows;

Performance Parts List:

BASE: KSC Glock 18C

Original ABS slide (for lightweight fast cycling)

Guarder recoil spring and guide

Custom short stroke recoil buffer

PGC High flow valve in 48rnd extended mag

UBER RARE PDI Piston Head

(another note: the extended Glock mags also increase gas efficiency, consistency, and power buy a very significant, noticeable amount)

KSC%20G18C%20ROF%20002.jpg

KSC%20G18C%20ROF%20003.jpg

(you can make out the white PDI piston head in the loading nozzle)

As you can see, the highest ROF I hit was 31.20 RPS, not too shabby at all!

Im going to do some more testing with different floating valve setups as well to see if I can get the ROF any higher.

If anyone wants to know the ROF of the other test setups I did, just say the words! (standard mag, stock mag valve, 134a, etc.)

Happy Glocking Gents!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, here are the averages for FPS and ROF for this MAX setup;

303.40 FPS AVG (KSC 0.20g BB)

29.40 RPS AVG

These averages were taken from 3 round bursts through the entire 48rounds (and there was still plenty of gas left in the mag).

Since this 18C still has the weak stock KSC hammer spring, this test was also performed starting with a relatively cold mag, 60 deg. I'll most likey tweak this stock hammer spring to increase its tension a bit as well.

Might I also add, 31.2 RPS on a GBB feels like a jackhammer on meth (even with the ABS slide)

Edited by ViciousV10s

Pretty awesome information you've compiled here.

Why would you rather tweak the hammer spring then install a Hidakaya or even Guarder Hammer spring? You think the ROF will go down with a stiffer after market spring?

What did you use for a buffer on the recoil rod? Did you have to clip any coils off when you did that?

si3n4, Nice trio. What suppressor are those?

Thanks Vicious. G18Cs are great pistols and twins are even better. I know some people aren't big fans of the laser engraved metal KSC slides for the KSC/KWA G18s, but I think they are nice enough and are reasonably priced (I got one set for $30 shipped of ebay - wow). I also have an M93R and have had a G23F. Both are fun pistols, but I just like the size of the G18C better.

Also, I grit blasted one of my KWA metal slides and it looks nice. I think I'll finish the other one and post pics in the next couple of days. It's a pretty easy way to get a nicely finished metal slide and get rid of the orange tip. ;)

I bought the TM G17 a couple of weeks ago when I was in Japan. I've gone through about 5 or 6 KSC and KWA Glocks, so I decided to try out the TM G17 for a change. It's a nice pistol too. I like it much better now that I've installed the CQB standoff, a snappier recoil spring, and a PGC slide and barrel kit. Now I'm just looking to play around with the internals to get better reliability, FPS, and accuracy.

Also, good to know that the extended glock mags help with gas efficiency, consistency and power. Are they ever going to make these for TM?

-S

Edited by si3n4
Pretty awesome information you've compiled here.

Why would you rather tweak the hammer spring then install a Hidakaya or even Guarder Hammer spring? You think the ROF will go down with a stiffer after market spring?

What did you use for a buffer on the recoil rod? Did you have to clip any coils off when you did that?

si3n4, Nice trio. What suppressor are those?

Thanks POG!

Yeah I have never liked the functionality of the Hidakaya 150% hammer spring in 18Cs, just too stiff. Cool down affect increases exponentially and gas efficiency goes down the tubes. I suppose I will try a Guarder spring if I am not satisfied with tweaking the stock one.

The short stroke is made from....hold your breath...... A BIC PEN! LOL

I did not clip any coils of the recoil spring. I just cut the Bic pen tube to the length I thought would work well, it turned out I eyeballed it right on.

No Prob KOG!

Actually, I don't know for sure if Guarder has a hammer spring for the F/A Glocks. I know they have one for the Semi-Auto only family, and it was much less stiff then the Hidakaya 150% spring... Either way it'll be cool to see what you come up with.

And the whole BIC pen thing... Genius. I gotta hang around you IPSC guys more, so full of great ideas. Gotta love the ingenuity!

So with the BIC Buffer and the stock mag valve and mag what type of ROF were you getting? Did it increase over the stock ROF by that one modification alone?

Junior,

Forgot to answer your question. Sorry about that.

Both silencers are King Arms "Light Weight Slim Mock Silencer" (30 X 110mm). One is a Delta version and the other is SoCom version. They are just the right size for using on my G18s and on my P99 - not too small, not too big (you can still use your sights), and it doesn't impact performance (cycling is unaffected and doesn't make the pistol front heavy).

Thanks,

S

No Prob KOG!

Actually, I don't know for sure if Guarder has a hammer spring for the F/A Glocks. I know they have one for the Semi-Auto only family, and it was much less stiff then the Hidakaya 150% spring... Either way it'll be cool to see what you come up with.

And the whole BIC pen thing... Genius. I gotta hang around you IPSC guys more, so full of great ideas. Gotta love the ingenuity!

So with the BIC Buffer and the stock mag valve and mag what type of ROF were you getting? Did it increase over the stock ROF by that one modification alone?

LOL indeed, gotta use whatever is available! I would like to get a more solid piece of nylon to use instead tho, I'll have to make a run to Lowes or HomeDepot and see what they have.

I actually didn't test the stock mag with stock valve after putting the buffer in, I'll have to give the a go tonight. I'll post the results.

Thanks Vicious. G18Cs are great pistols and twins are even better. I know some people aren't big fans of the laser engraved metal KSC slides for the KSC/KWA G18s, but I think they are nice enough and are reasonably priced (I got one set for $30 shipped of ebay - wow). I also have an M93R and have had a G23F. Both are fun pistols, but I just like the size of the G18C better.

Also, I grit blasted one of my KWA metal slides and it looks nice. I think I'll finish the other one and post pics in the next couple of days. It's a pretty easy way to get a nicely finished metal slide and get rid of the orange tip. ;)

I bought the TM G17 a couple of weeks ago when I was in Japan. I've gone through about 5 or 6 KSC and KWA Glocks, so I decided to try out the TM G17 for a change. It's a nice pistol too. I like it much better now that I've installed the CQB standoff, a snappier recoil spring, and a PGC slide and barrel kit. Now I'm just looking to play around with the internals to get better reliability, FPS, and accuracy.

Also, good to know that the extended glock mags help with gas efficiency, consistency and power. Are they ever going to make these for TM?

-S

Yeah 18Cs are fun. The KWA 18C was actually my very first airsoft gun...the beginning of my airsoft Glock obsession.

Your TM 17 is nice, I have one as well, full guarder kit and what not on it and some internals. But looks like a plain vanilla 17 from the outside. I had thought about buying the FirstFactory Strike Face you have on yours but Im not a fan of the mini side rail things, looks a bit chunky to me. I prefered my RS CQB Standoff

Glock19FullTrademarks%20006.jpg

anywho, nice Glocks man.

Vicious,

Thanks. The First Factory strike face is a tad chunckier looking from the side than I wanted, but I still really like the look. I definitely wouldn't try fitting it to G19/23 or smaller because the proportions wouldn't work. Really like your standoff/strike face but couldn't find one like it. When I was in Tokyo they had a different strike face for the TM G17s, but it was WAY chunkier. Almost looked like a strike face for a 1911, but it was really for a G17. It was heavy too.

Nice G19. I might have to make a G19 for my next project. B)

Also, really nice gallery on your website. It's giving me some ideas...

-S

Quick picture of a fun little project I did a bit ago.

I basically just fitted a supressor using a Hi-Capa 5.1 length inner barrel and a PDI Threaded Adapter. Worked quite well. All good fun but not the most functional. I really do love this Glock 17 though. It will be staying in my collection for the long term (it may even be my favorite airsoft gun).

supressedglock17od9.jpg

This also shows the Guarder Serial number plate that I finally got installed. Finally no more ugly TM safety style serial number plate. I wish I could get my hands on another Guarder plate for my G26.

I wish I could get my hands on another Guarder plate for my G26.

Little things like that probably burn the biggest holes in my brain..once I get an idea that a gun needs something to be complete, I HAVE TO GET IT. For instance, if I were you, Id find myself purchasing a guarder frame just to use the plate.

So, yeah, go buy a Guarder frame just to use the plate :P

I think that Tokyo Model Company has them available singly.

However, paying Japan shipping for a $6 part isn't something that I can justify. What it means is that I need to find more things that I need.

I wish I had your patience...Ive probably spent 1/3 of my airsoft money on shipping from HK.