Glock Picture Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And my first attempt at stippling is...not too shabby, as it turns out.

My first glock, marui g17 foliage green with the guns modify SAI slide set. Phone picture.  

Stock TM frame finally breaks after so many years so this one is quick and dirty to keep down time minimal I didn't even completely knock down the stock texture on front/back straps   This is

Posted Images

sorry to be a nuisance guys but if anyone has a Glock 18 or similar sized variant with a scope mount and some form of Eotech Holosight in their collection could you please post pics of the latter attatched to the former? I really need to see what this looks like.

Also does anyone know if the TDI Glock Stock will fit a Glock 18 AEP?

I'm referring to this: GLR17_full.jpg

Edited by p.briden

got it 2nd hand, the white might have been applied by the previous owner I don't know. But it is actually engraved, just not as deep as some of the newer kits that I am used to....good quality machining though, and I love the finish...and this came with original packaging from PGC as well, so I am pretty sure thats what it is...

Edited by RacingManiac
sorry to be a nuisance guys but if anyone has a Glock 18 or similar sized variant with a scope mount and some form of Eotech Holosight in their collection could you please post pics of the latter attatched to the former? I really need to see what this looks like.

Also does anyone know if the TDI Glock Stock will fit a Glock 18 AEP?

I'm referring to this: GLR17_full.jpg

No that stock will not fit on the Glock 18c AEP

arg!

Moar nice slides! This Time for the KSC G17

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=25852

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=25853

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=25851

EDIT: Sorry for double posting.

Edited by junior

Just installed AS Glock 34 slide for my KSC Glock(obviously 34) and Dytac night sights.

Ok my glock was metal slide version from www.gunsnguys.com. It had this crappy taiwanese made metal slide. The AS slide I bought is this one: http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=25471

1. The weight of AS slide: 90g.

The weight of ###### die-casted original slide: 90g.

*No performance gain there. Both slides are identical weight.

2. The weight of outerbarrel came with AS slide:28g.

Theweight of outerbarrel came with ###### die-casted original slide: 66g.

3. The finish on AS slide is noticeably better than the original one. Anodised matt black finish.(True black. Not gray-ish like PGC Glock slide or Blue-ish like SD slide) The paint is quite strong. I'd say stronger than Shooter's Design and equal PGC/Pro-Win.

4. I hate the finish on the outerbarrel. It's kinda like matt-metalic silver finish that makes it looks toyish. Especially when I have OD frame on it. They should have made it either in poished(not painted) or plain jane black. Also rifling effect is also kinda half-hearted attempt. Nothing to compare to others such as Nova, SD, PGC, PDI's.

5. Fitment needs modification as expected. It was required to file the each sides and top of the railing on the frame and the strike side of hammer.

6. Outerbarrel is very slightly bigger than the original one. The AS one won't even insert into empty orignal slide. It gets stuck due to chamber width. The original metal barrel fits on AS slide fine, slight side-to-side movement. It may affect accuracy. Will find out when I have chance.

7. Innerbore of AS outerbarrel is not as tight as original outerbarrel. Need slightly bigger Oring to stabilise innerbarrel.

8. Shoots more smoothly with AS slide + Original outerbarrel combo. AS outerbarrel is prolly just too big. I get noticeably weaker blowback with AS outerbarrel due to the tolerance being maybe too tight for average green gas users with standard hammer groups/components.

9. The slide stop notch cut on AS slide is sharper than original slide. No more "automatic slide release" when reloading the magazine. (Slide releases itself when you slam in the new magazine due to shallow angle cut on slide catch area on the original slide)

10. Due to this be a bit careful using the slide release.

*Conclusion.

- Performance gains and any improved gas efficiency? : Absolutely none.

- More pleasing to look? : Hecks yeah.

- Worth the cost: If you have plastic slide, then yes. If you already have taiwanese metal slide(With trademarks), probably not, unless you can't stand the visual of it anymore like I have.

*Dytac night sights.

- Paint finish is kinda weak.(disappointment.) It's metal. Aluminium and appears to be casted.(and not well done)

- Fitting on AS slide needed filing on dovetail section. I filed the sights instead.

- The illuminious dots are bright enough for what it is. It's nothing like Trijicon's. So let's not compare it.

- The front sight fits like TM style.(thank god.) Fixed by screw at the bottom.

- Rear sight is friction fit. So filing too much on the dovetail will be epic fail. I made it very tight fit.

- Aiming section/cut on rear sight is bit too shallow and too wide. Kinda like rear sight blade for hicapa 5.1 by SD. I might put back the original adjustable one when I have time. I like it better TBH.

- Worth it? Nah, not for what I paid for. If it were around 10USD or less, than yes.

Edited by fal

Nice mini review. Where are the pictures? ;)

I actually like the crappy taiwanese made metal slide as long as it's engraved and not laser-etched(white trademarks). I've owned the engraved slides for the 17, 34 and 18C and I've also handled one for the 19. All very nice...

Can one of you Glock Gods help me please? I was trying to install a Guarder hammer spring in my TM G17, but when I took the hammer assembly apart, and it flew apart. I found all of the pieces, but I cant figure out how it all goes back in. Can one of you guys just take a few pictures for me of the hammer assembly.

Thanks.

Edited by quiksilver6184
Nice mini review. Where are the pictures? ;)

I actually like the crappy taiwanese made metal slide as long as it's engraved and not laser-etched(white trademarks). I've owned the engraved slides for the 17, 34 and 18C and I've also handled one for the 19. All very nice...

Thanks. :) Pics are coming. I just moved into new flat. It's kinda chaotic to find darn cable so I can transfer data to my computer. :P

I haven't had much trouble with the original metal slide either. Nice, deep engravings, satin finish. All well, till the paint start to wear and chip off. Especially around chamber area for some reason. Then it got all ugly and I'm not well practiced for painting works. So I just bought a new slide. Also it was end of year thing. Wanted to give myself bit of treat. :P

I agree on whilte engraved/laser etched slide though. My teammate has KSC Glock 19 with white trademarks. Ugly as hell. :P PGC just released metal slide for KSC Glock 19. He is going to get it I think.

This is my second AS slide and my overall impression is that good durable paint finish, but tolerance is little bit too tight for average users/upgraders. PGC gets my vote as far as friendly fitment and just the right tolerance. You just slap the slide on with everything else stock and works 100% no matter what. Also have very high compatibility with other outerbarrels. (In case of Hicapa, AS slides doesn't work with Nineball barrels AT ALL. Binds like hell.) and at very efficient level too.